Healing

[...]

It's been 14 months since I took my last Klonopin. I was on .5 mg three times a day for 19 years for panic attacks.

As I sit here at my computer I start to experience pain in my spine going up to the shoulders, neck and head. Then my face and lips will swell. Sometimes the pressure is so bad I can taste iron.

But.. looking back healing is happening. The bad comes and goes. My mental symptoms are much better. I get very angry. I know it's gonna take more time. When I move around working around the house I seem to do better. The stretching and keeping your mind off this does help.  And yet some days I do have to lay down because the pain is unbearable. But good days happen. So healing is happening.

I cannot wait until I'm totally healed so I can post. And I most definitely will!!!

My circumstances are similar to yours.  I was prescribed Ativan long term, and I have been benzo free now for 23 months.  I have some good days, and definitely feel better after trying to do something.  Good luck in your continued recovery.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi 1999.  I was prescribed benzos for about 15 years, Ativan up to 4mg per day.  I tapered over about 18 months, doing a Valium crossover.  I had to jump off at 5mg, as I was hospitalized.  I am now 23 months benzo free.  I still have symptoms, tinnitus, sweats, itchy eyes and skin, GI problems and general "benzo flu".  Looking back, things are slowly improving. I do not have body twitches and jerks any more.  If I get up and jump in the shower and get dressed, I can push myself to go out and do things. I feel better when I do this, even tough it is difficult. I hope that this won't go on for too much longer, although I have resigned myself to the fact that it may.  I try to just be thankful for every day.  I am looking for buddies with similar circumstances to chat with. PM me if you would like to chat.