Tension headaches

[Sh...]

I've recently been getting some fairly bad tension headaches. Initially, physical anxiety was my only withdrawal symptom but I am starting to get regular headaches that paracetamol and ibuprofen combined can't seem to touch - an I doubt co-cocodamol will either (former addict).

Are there any special methods to make these go away? My taper would be so much more managable without these. I might go to my pharmacy and get a box of Paramol and see if those can make it go away.

Hi STA,

Here's what The Ashton Manual says about tension headaches:

Headaches are usually of the "tension headache" type, due to contraction of muscles at the back of the neck, scalp and forehead - often described as a "tight band around the head". ..There are many measures that will alleviate these symptoms, such as muscle stretching exercises as taught in most gyms, moderate exercise, hot baths, massage and general relaxation exercises. Such measures may give only temporary relief at first, but if practised regularly can speed the recovery of normal muscle tone - which will eventually occur spontaneously.

You could ask your medical provider for instructions for gentle exercises to stretch the neck muscles.  Warm baths with Epsom salts for 20 minutes may help too.

I hope your headaches go away soon.

Wishing you much healing,

Brighterday

• 1 month later...
I have had such headaches too, nothing really helps me... Any suggestions? I have found some pills for it on [urlcanadadrugsdirect.com/]Canadian Pharmacy[/url], and I want to order them soon and try those out. But I would like to hear your thoughts here too, thank you in advance, guys!

• 1 month later...
Before I would only take extra strength Excedrin which works immediately but i would get agitated, panicky from the caffeine. Massage behind the neck, occipital area, upper back area helps. From a physical or massage therapist. Sometimes peppermint oil helps. Going to a chiropractor to adjust your c1, c2 helps too. Minimize stress, less tv, computer monitor, cellphone, time. Use blue blocker filter glasses helps with strain on the eyes. Alot of option to help with from just taking prescription drugs.

[cc...]

Before I would only take extra strength Excedrin which works immediately but i would get agitated, panicky from the caffeine. Massage behind the neck, occipital area, upper back area helps. From a physical or massage therapist. Sometimes peppermint oil helps. Going to a chiropractor to adjust your c1, c2 helps too. Minimize stress, less tv, computer monitor, cellphone, time. Use blue blocker filter glasses helps with strain on the eyes. Alot of option to help with from just taking prescription drugs.

Chiropractor saved me! C1 and 2 kept needing adjusted and I blame it on how tight my muscles contracted. Most of my pain was neck and face.  I stand beside seeing a chiro!