Join us to watch the documentary Medicating Normal on July 11th

[Ms...]

Join World Benzodiazepine Awareness Day benefiting Benzodiazepine Information Coalition (BIC) and Periscope Foundation for an online community screening of Medicating Normal, a 76-minute documentary film exploring our current mental health care system's reliance on psychiatric drugs to deal with trauma, grief, and distress. The film has a special focus on prescribed benzodiazepine use and deprescribing. After the screening, a 45-minute community discussion/Q&A will be hosted by Wendy Ractliffe, filmmaker; Nicole Lamberson, physician assistant, BIC board member and W-BAD volunteer; Angela Peacock, subject in the film, BIC board member and W-BAD volunteer and other special guests to be announced soon!

When: Saturday, July 11 at 10 am PST/ 1 pm EST,

Where: Online via Zoom livestream. Purchase a ticket: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/benzodiazepine-information-coalition-presents-medicating-normal-for-w-bad-tickets-107770115316 and you will receive a Zoom link 24-hours prior to the event.

Med-Norm-Email-Sig.jpg

Join World Benzodiazepine Awareness Day benefiting Benzodiazepine Information Coalition (BIC) and Periscope Foundation for an online community screening of Medicating Normal, a 76-minute documentary film exploring our current mental health care system's reliance on psychiatric drugs to deal with trauma, grief, and distress. The film has a special focus on prescribed benzodiazepine use and deprescribing. After the screening, a 45-minute community discussion/Q&A will be hosted by Wendy Ractliffe, filmmaker; Nicole Lamberson, physician assistant, BIC board member and W-BAD volunteer; Angela Peacock, subject in the film, BIC board member and W-BAD volunteer and other special guests to be announced soon!

When: Saturday, July 11 at 10 am PST/ 1 pm EST,

Where: Online via Zoom livestream. Purchase a ticket: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/benzodiazepine-information-coalition-presents-medicating-normal-for-w-bad-tickets-107770115316 and you will receive a Zoom link 24-hours prior to the event.

Med-Norm-Email-Sig.jpg

I would be glad to watch this documentary. However, I already know and understand the difficulties with benzos.

No one; absolutely no one has to convince me. I’ve been trying to get off clonazepam for years.

No matter how hard I try, I just can’t seem to do it.

The reason for this is that I’ve been switched to different generics about 7 times now. And with each switch, I become more and more sensitized. This is now an almost? impossible task for me.

• 2 weeks later...
Keep trying to get off K.  It is never too late.  Try again, use the Ashton protocol.  I finally got off Ativan 23 months ago.  I am now 68, and so much of my life has been wasted on benzo issues.  Don't let this happen to you. You can do it, use the resources hear.  Good luck....

Hi everyone, I saw this movie at the Sedona Film Festival in February. They had 2 screenings and the small theater was packed. I met with Angela Peacock at the second screening. You may have seen snippets of the film on their YouTUbe channel "Medicating Normal"

Heres a link to the channel for you to peruse the wonderful content. They provide many interviews with sufferers, professionals, journalists, researchers etc. it is definitely worth checking out.

Here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCh-enG_cv0MbGoU4XdT9mxA

Also, I found watching the movie very cathartic and informative. It features 5 (or 6, can't remember) fellow sufferers with psychiatric iatrogenic injuries. It tells of how they came to be prescribed the medications in the first place, what happened to them while on them, and their life now that they are off of them. It features wonderful interviews with medical professionals and other people in the field (journalist Michael Whitaker, for example) who are torchbearers for educating the medical profession about the dangers of psych drugs.

I highly recommend viewing this film and supporting the filmmakers. It is such a valuable message and the world really needs to hear it. I would encourage everyone to buy a ticket and watch this film and tell everyone you can about it.

P.S. I didn't find it "triggering" with dramatic displays of symptoms like Lisa Ling's CNN special. It didn't show that angle: more interview style. Just so you know.

Hi MsAtomicBomb,

I tried to sign up, I put my information in but it wouldn't let me place the order, can you take a look and let us know if this was my error or a problem with the page?

Thanks,

Pamster

Hi! Are you using Safari? One person reported this issue so far to me and clearing their cookies/cache seemed to solve it. If not the site recommends using a different browser. Please let me know if that doesn't help.

Thanks!

Hi! Are you using Safari? One person reported this issue so far to me and clearing their cookies/cache seemed to solve it. If not the site recommends using a different browser. Please let me know if that doesn't help.

Thanks!

Figured out the problem, me!  ::)  I tried to click on Place Order before I'd finished adding in my information, I didn't see I needed to scroll down,  I'm all signed up.  :)

Thanks!

Figured out the problem, me!  ::)  I tried to click on Place Order before I'd finished adding in my information, I didn't see I needed to scroll down,  I'm all signed up.  :)

excited to see you there!

I hope someone will remind me of this on here or somewhere on the day. My memory is terrible.

I can try to post a last call the night before on here? My memory is also terrible but I have a planner haha

• 2 weeks later...
Announcing Dr. Josef Witt-Doerring as the last panelist for the Community Discussion after our Medicating Normal screening on July 11th. Dr. Witt-Doerring serves on our medical board and as a Medical Officer for the Food Drug Administration's Division of Psychiatric Products. He also works as a part time private psychiatrist. He is interested in increasing the recognition of psychiatric side effects

ANNOUNCEMENT: There's been a change in the panelist lineup for the July 11th virtual community screening hosted by Dr. Witt-Doerring will no longer be a panelist. We are excited to have Dr. James M. Wright, M.D., Ph.D., FRCPC!