Tips for Switching from a Long-lasting Benzo to a Shorter half-life Benzo?

[He...]

I'm switching from what is a long lasting benzo, which has a half-life of approximately 100 hours, to a benzo that has a half-life of 48 hours.

It needs to be done because the 48 hour benzo is more manageable and is an anxiolytic, rather than a hypnotic. I'm down to one dose a day, at night.

In regard to my nighttime dose, I calculated the approximate active milligram to be .36mg (.06 mg per .02ml). This will equal .06mg (.01mg per .02ml) of that to which I'm planning on switching. (And as an aside, I can't believe I'm taking so little and I'm still messed up because the amount I'm taking probably wouldn't even affect or be noticeable to someone who'd never taken a benzodiazepine.) [Also, each reduction goes by .06mg of the longer acting benzo, and the benzo with the shorter half-life will drop by .01mg.]

So, if anyone knows anything about going from a longer lasting drug to a shorter lasting one, I'd love to hear how to approach this without throwing my whole body into a $%&! storm. Should I split it up as day and night doses, or should I increase to .6mg (which would be .1mg)? If I increase like that, I would go backward two months of tapering and withdrawal. I just don't want to be non-functioning, but the thought of losing ground seems even worse. I just don't know ....

Any ideas, just in general?

I just want to frame this question in another way: Has anyone switched from Valium to Klonopin before? Or the generic, Diazepam to Clonazepam?

This would be switching from a long acting benzo to a shorter acting benzo but still one with a long half-life.