Withdrawal induced allergies?

[Vi...]

For the last 5-6 weeks Ive been feeling extremely tired. Like haven't slept for a long time kind of tired. Really felt it in my eyes and haven't been able to function that Well. Went to my doctor and he asked if Ive ever had allergies and I said no. Took some bloodtests to check that it isnt anything serious which Im sure are fine since I haven't heard anything from my md.

Im visiting my parents and I talked with my Brother about this tiredness and he said it really sounds like allergies so I decided to try his antihistamin the next morning. Oh boy was he right. It felt like an injection of energy to my body.

So I wonder if anyone else developed allergies during or post withdrawal? Last summer I developed atopic eczema and now allergies.

On the bright side. As this isnt a withdrawal fatigue I think I can declare myself healed.

Kind of. I've always been susceptible to hayfever. Weirdly, sometimes I don't really get it at all (even when others do) and sometimes I get it bad. I've never until now had it where laying on grass makes me itch. My shins get especially itchy.

I did a little research myself because it seemed withdrawal related. What I gathered is that diazepam suppresses histamine production so it made sense to me that a withdrawal effect is to produce more histamine. It seems that pollen is the trigger for a flood of histamine... it's a sensitivity that I already had that has been placed on steroids in withdrawals.

• 4 months later...
I have been on taper for three weeks.  Is it normal to have nasal congestion, sore throat and burning eyes?  Have never had allergies, but this is getting worse each day? Is it a withdraw symptom? Thanks.

[39...]

According to Dr. Robert Roffa there are peripheral benzodiazepine recptors on immune cells. This could be why many of us experience immune problems and histamine issues.

If you want to know more I suggest you listen to Benzodiazepine Withdrawal Symposium

Yes, I’m having this same thing 5-6 weeks myself. I’ve had reactions and allergies off and on during this whole process. Food intolerances and allergies are also common. Sometimes when I’m in a bad wave I have to switch back to all scent free products and stop eating dairy. I think I recently became allergic to my vape. When I’m less stressed and out of a wave, I don’t react to any of these things. Seems to come and go. That’s great you felt better after antihistamine.