ITCHING, HIVES AND DRY PAINFUL SKIN PATCHES, HYPERSENSITIVE SCALP ANYONE ELSE ?

[no...]

Does anyone else have this?? Its torture!! Ive got seriously all over very dry peeling on my face  skin which I've had for a few year's now while tapering,  and now red inflamed thicker patches  of dry skin along with hives that started about 6 weeks ago and the itching is terrible and if I scratch it,  it aggravates my bad burning nerve pain, I also have a very painful hypersensitive scalp which I've had for a few year's now and that also gets very itchy and is hell if I scratch it. I'm tearing at myself but trying not too as scratching aggravates all my constant severe pain. Has anyone had this and found anything that helps? I'm super hypersensitive to everything I can't cope with this much longer, I live alone, am housebound and am really struggling to survive,.  :'( :'( :'(

Nova  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Nova,

The skin issues are miserable aren't they? I suffered with all kinds and I still get flare ups when it gets humid. I can take heat or sunlight but as soon as the humidity comes I get the red, burning rashes, usually only where material rubs but sometimes even when my hair continually brushes agains my skin. Well, the main thing is don't scratch, it will only make it worse, pat the skin if you must, sometimes getting it cool or cold helps too. What has helped me is a good thick lotion and Gold Bond Powder. I put the lotion on as soon as I get out of the shower (unscented, hypoallergenic.) and then when it's eased in and my skin is dry I'll dust it with powder. It helps with the itching for me. If your skin is very dry and peeling I don't know if the powder would be helpful though and of course this is the skin on my body. For my face I just keep Estee Lauder moisturizer on it and that's been fine but I'm bothered with my body more than my facial skin. I don't know if you would be scared to try an antihistamine, I was for ages but I can take a unisom occasionally and it is somewhat relieving. That's all I've got, hang in there! Zippy

Nova,

The skin issues are miserable aren't they? I suffered with all kinds and I still get flare ups when it gets humid. I can take heat or sunlight but as soon as the humidity comes I get the red, burning rashes, usually only where material rubs but sometimes even when my hair continually brushes agains my skin. Well, the main thing is don't scratch, it will only make it worse, pat the skin if you must, sometimes getting it cool or cold helps too. What has helped me is a good thick lotion and Gold Bond Powder. I put the lotion on as soon as I get out of the shower (unscented, hypoallergenic.) and then when it's eased in and my skin is dry I'll dust it with powder. It helps with the itching for me. If your skin is very dry and peeling I don't know if the powder would be helpful though and of course this is the skin on my body. For my face I just keep Estee Lauder moisturizer on it and that's been fine but I'm bothered with my body more than my facial skin. I don't know if you would be scared to try an antihistamine, I was for ages but I can take a unisom occasionally and it is somewhat relieving. That's all I've got, hang in there! Zippy

Thanks Zip  :hug: definitely yes on the above  :D I'm super sensitive and terrified of the consequences, 1/2 a paracetamol did terrible things to me, an dit was the first pain killer I dared try in 4 year's!!

Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

• 3 months later...

Hi

I got few weeks ago a severe rush and hives all over my body. Had to go to emergency 2 times it was so severe. Couldn’t sleep for over a week. Was bleeding with scratching

I’m very sensitive since I came  off benzo and remeron. 4 year benzo and 2.5 years ago remeron. I don’t take any medication now over 2 years but still struggling with severe scalp pain  headache 24/7 anxiety

Trying for a wile now low histamine food and even low glutamates food. But about a month ago I tried some high histamine food and got some rush then more allergic reaction from medication then severe rush and hives all over.

They had to give me steroids and immunosuppressant to calm the reaction done.

For me it was histamine .....and medication ....now my head is burning even more from all these medication but at list my skin back to normal.

High histamine food can triggers  skin reseptors...

I hope you find some solution to get better.

Hugs

I'm currently in a bad  setback from an antibiotic so I'm really afraid of all the medications but I have terrible skin itching and rashes lately and quercetin the supplement seems to have been helping a little bit  and i don't seem to react to it in any bad way.

Mines turned to bloody eczema on top of the hives I get blisters and sores all over my scalp too as well as on my body and I've had it for a few month now  :'( The itching is awful I try not to scratch as it makes  my all over constant  burning nerve pain worse,  My scalp and body is on fire 24/7 and normal movement makes it hurt even worse, and the eczema burns as well, I tried coconut oil, shea butter on it, olive oil, grape seed oil, honey,  nothing helps and rubbing any part of my body makes the nerve pain a lot worse too :'(

Last night I got into a warm bath the first in many months, I was terrified but had to at least try it, very often the fear of the act is the worse thing rather than the actual act its self!! I filled the bath as full as possible, added a few cups of Epsom salts which I stopped using ages ago as they began to have a negative effect on me.

Anyway the warmth started the itching off but I was determined to at least try and stay in it long enough to see if it would help the 24/7 agonizing pain I'm in and have been for year's.

My body is constantly locked in painful muscle spasm especially my back and neck, the itch was still going up in the warmth of the water, but I sat it out for a while then it started easing off a bit, at that point I then decided to get a handful of Epsom salt and put it on the eczema.

As I remembered at one time Aveevno my Dr gave me for the dry skin year's ago caused eczema on my back!! I had gotten into an Epsom bath at the time and unexpectedly it cured the eczema the Aveeno had caused on my back first time!!

So I pit the Epsom on my wet eczema patches for a few seconds and it burned and tingled for a bit so I washed it off, the burning stopped, and the itch began stopping as well, so I did it again, a few seconds on then wash it off.

I then applied Organic virgin olive oil to my skin and, a lot of dead skin peeled off as I gently rubbed, But the itch stopped and my ski was now able to hold the oil where as no way could anything penetrate the dry dead skin .

The itch stopped completely and last night was the first night I nave not spent tearing at myself for months now!! I was itching again this morning so applied some olive oil again and it calmed down, that was a couple of hours ago,( its now 7.17am GMT I'm in UK) I can feel more of a tingle, and slightly crawly feeling than an itch under my skin which is the parentheisa, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paresthesia as if the itch is there waiting to jump out but it hasn't so far .

If it does I'm going to try the Epsom salts and olive oil on it again, you need to put moisture on as the Epsom salts will take oil out of you skin and hair so I put olive oil on my hair last night as well as I laid down in the bath

[/size]

I tried a LOT of thing to try put some moisture into my skin from A to Z even lard as lard is actually really good for the skin, and the closets thing on earth to our own natural skin oil but it has to be pastured lard not the crap hydrogenated lard they sell in shops.

I either buy it online, or when I'm up to it I get pastured pigs fat on line, and make my own lard in a slow cooker its really easy to do. I'm going to try lard again at some point

• 4 weeks later...

yes, I am dealing with it right now......I use a steroid cream (i know) and it helps, I only placed a little bit on the spots and helps a lot....no issues.

BLOSSOM