How to Microtaper?

[Un...]

I will be doing a titration taper of Klonipin in whole milk. How do I calculate a microtaper? Do I just calculate the percent cut then average it out over a period of days and withdraw that amount each day?

Yes.

Not to be glib, but your description is the short of it. Once you get started, you will figure out improvements.

I will be doing a titration taper of Klonipin in whole milk. How do I calculate a microtaper? Do I just calculate the percent cut then average it out over a period of days and withdraw that amount each day?

You may want to jump on a few other threads here on the titration board and find someone who's helping someone else, then ask your question(s). There's someone named Bob7 who is awesome, polite, and precise. He'll steer you in the right direction. Obviously, all I know how to do is what I do. I dissolve my 1 mg klonopin tablet in about 2 mL of vodka, add 98 mL of water, then pull out my daily doses (I dose 3x/day), and I usually make 4-5 days of doses in advance so I don't have to do this process every single day. Gets old after 5 years. My liquid doses decrease by a tiny amount when I want to make a cut. I don't cut daily anymore because it's just too much at this point of my taper.

Anyway, my best to you!

Jeff

I use this and it has been a godsend for me.

http://benzo.alwaysdata.net/

This tool is fantastic. I used it to help me get things started with my taper. I wish Jim was still here to chime in. He is is a wealth of information.

It truly is and I've used it all the way, hoping to be done with benzos in September.  Jim has been back recently and yes, he surely is full of knowledge.

Question about that tool: Most of the info it asks for makes sense, but what goes in the "Daily dose in taper order" fields? It asks for dose 1, dose 2, etc. in milligrams for each. I thought it was supposed to be telling me that info so I'd know what dose size to have each step of the way. I'm trying to help a friend get started with this whole process. Thanks!

Question about that tool: Most of the info it asks for makes sense, but what goes in the "Daily dose in taper order" fields? It asks for dose 1, dose 2, etc. in milligrams for each. I thought it was supposed to be telling me that info so I'd know what dose size to have each step of the way. I'm trying to help a friend get started with this whole process. Thanks!

It will tell you the tapered doses, but it needs to know where you’re starting from so it can give you those amounts. Example: Say I’m taking 2 mg Valium, twice daily (4 mg total), I would input 2 mg in the dose 1 field and 2 mg in the dose 2 field.