Micro Tapering Compound liquid L-Looking for advice and tips. Tiny syringe lines

[Ju...]

I am using a liquid L from a compound pharmacy. The ratio is .1 mg in 1 ML

I have the smallest of syringes.  It is doable to microtaper using 2 different syringes at my current doses of .3.

One syringe to measure 2 ml = .2 mg and the other to measure .97 ml = .097 mg/ I'm taking .297 mg taking me down .003 mg.

Two syringes and the one with tiny lines are hard to see.  My eyes are not as good as they were in my younger days.

Anyone run into this issue or had a compound pharmacy make a weaker ratio?

Any suggestions or ideas?

Hello, JuJuBi.  Hats off for getting so low in dose and for doing an excellent job of calculating and measuring your doses!

You are not alone in having trouble reading those 0.01 mL graduation lines on 1 mL syringes.  Here’s what I use:

YOCTOSUN LED Head Magnifier, Rechargeable Hands Free Headband Magnifying Glass with 2 Led, Professional Jeweler's Loupe Light Bracket and Headband are Interchangeable

URL:

[nobbc]https://www.amazon.com/YOCTOSUN-Rechargeable-Magnifying-Professional-Interchangeable/dp/B07T4KPYN2[/nobbc]

I look like a mad scientist but I don’t care because it works. :laugh:

Re: requesting a less concentrated suspension ...  have you asked your compounding pharmacist?  The answer depends on multiple factors (e.g. the suspending agent used, whether or not a stability-tested formulation at a lower concentration is available).  Just my opinion here, but I would try the magnifying glasses first before changing the formulation.

Libertas thanks for the tip. I just began a microtaper today.  Hoping it's a little smoother ride. That is what I hear anyway.

I have been holding a while as I went down pretty fast at first and had multiple other struggles in the beginning. Changed brands of tabs and made me sick.  Went to the liquid and things are much better and I am ready to start my taper again. Low and slow this time.

Where are you at in your taper?  Any tips for a newbie to microtaper?

You are most welcome, JuJuBi.  Congratulations on surviving the dread “my generic has been changed” experience and successfully transitioning to a compounded oral suspension of your benzodiazepine.

Mini-tapering works better for me than micro-tapering so regrettably I cannot offer tips on the latter.

Also, I am tapering a different benzodiazepine than yours. This is significant because different benzodiazepines have different properties (e.g. potency, duration of action, half-life).  If you want to compare “apples to apples,” might I encourage you to check out the Tapering off Ativan Support Thread at:

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=44903.msg610917#msg610917

Edit: corrected typos

Thank you for your encouraging words Libertas! I actually am in that thread but came out here to get specifics on this quandary. They are a very helpful group. 

Thanks again.

You are welcome, JuJuBi.  I agree 100% re: the Tapering off Ativan Support Thread. The members there do a fantastic job.  Sending all good thoughts and best wishes your way for a successful taper ... Libertas