Anyone ever crossed from 2 benzodiazepines to diazepam successfully?

[Sc...]

Hi, I'm having a really hard time with visual distortions & Derealization. I need to update my signiture, but I was crossed straight from half of my Clonazapam(very tolerant to) equal amounts of half Xanax. I didn't realize that the symptoms I'm having are probably bad Derealization & that I'm probably in withdrawal from cold cutting half of my klonopin, even though it was replaced with Xanax.

I don't know how to get stable. Have a long way to go to finish wean. Desperate to feel sane/see right etc.

I'm on x .25mg as needed up to 1mg day, bed 1Mg X 1.625 K

Anyone ever crossed over to valium from 2 other benzos like this with success?

Much thanks

SC

I am sure that has been done. Swap 1mg of each for 10mg diazepam, stabilise and taper from there.

But is there a reason not to just swap the Xanax dose for same dose in Klonopin and cut from there? Maybe it feels like a backwards step but you would be on less Klonopin than before. I don't think I'd want to cycle through another medication unless there was a good reason to. Then again, I was always on Valium so I was never thinking there were better options to try.

I am sure that has been done. Swap 1mg of each for 10mg diazepam, stabilise and taper from there.

But is there a reason not to just swap the Xanax dose for same dose in Klonopin and cut from there? Maybe it feels like a backwards step but you would be on less Klonopin than before. I don't think I'd want to cycle through another medication unless there was a good reason to. Then again, I was always on Valium so I was never thinking there were better options to try.

Thanks

I thought it was .5mg of x or k to each 10mg of diazepam?

Reason considering switch is that I'm tolerant to klonopin, have had hard time tapering it, been very depressed on it for a long time. Not great anxiety/panic relief anymore nor insomnia help. I'm not sure what's causing my sxs but presume it's klonopin withdrawl. Valium would presumably be easier to taper once stabilized via it comes in liquid & & hole numbers, I think?

But you may be right, Crossing back, might be my best solution...

Looks like you were only on it for a short while & your taper was rough? Is that so? How was your taper off valium?

Thanks

Thanks

Reason considering switch is that I'm tolerant to klonopin, have had hard time tapering it, been very depressed on it for a long time. Not great anxiety/panic relief anymore nor insomnia help. I'm not sure what's causing my sxs but presume it's klonopin withdrawl. Valium would presumably be easier to taper once stabilized via it comes in liquid & & hole numbers, I think?

Looks like you were only on it for a short while & your taper was rough? Is that so? How was your taper off valium?

Thanks

Scardie, here is the link to the Benzodiazepine Equivalency Table also you might want to look at the Planning Your Withdrawal (Taper Plans) and see the substitution forum for ideas and experiences. Also you can find specific withdrawal plans in The Ashton Manual chapter II how to switch over, substitution schedules. I hope you find the information you need. :smitten:

I've read that although diazepam has a long half life that its only actually effective for like 4 hours for some people. Do you have thoughts on that?

Like clonazapam has a long half life but my current generic only gives me about 6 hours coverage. It's only ever been 6-8 hours coverage for me with klonopin, although I started out taking it twice a day while benzo naive & on ssri.

Thanks

Thanks

Thanks

Scardie, here is the link to the Benzodiazepine Equivalency Table also you might want to look at the Planning Your Withdrawal (Taper Plans) and see the substitution forum for ideas and experiences. Also you can find specific withdrawal plans in The Ashton Manual chapter II how to switch over, substitution schedules. I hope you find the information you need. :smitten:

Sherpa,

You are too good to me! Thank you dear :smitten: