Extremely anxious OCD much worse almost done taper

[Bl...]

Hey everyone hope everyone is doing alright! I was on 0.5 clonazepam . .25 mg twice a day . I cut .125 at a time . I wait usually about a week between each cut. It's been 5 days since I cut from .25 to .125 and I feel terrible. My anxiety and OCD  is through the roof and my body feels so hot is this normal it will pass right?

Hey everyone hope everyone is doing alright! I was on 0.5 clonazepam . .25 mg twice a day . I cut .125 at a time . I wait usually about a week between each cut. It's been 5 days since I cut from .25 to .125 and I feel terrible. My anxiety and OCD  is through the roof and my body feels so hot is this normal it will pass right?

Yes, I'm sorry to say this sounds normal. I'm sorry you're suffering with withdrawal symptoms - it can be excruciating.

It might help you to hold at your current dose for closer to 14 days or even longer depending on how long it takes for your symptoms to settle down, then make your next cut. 

It also can help to do what you can to give your system the best chance of healing by eating healthy, drinking plenty of water, gentle exercise etc.  Now's a good time to start developing relaxation tools and practicing them daily if you can - yoga, meditation, progressive muscle relaxation, deep slow breathing.

Stay strong - you will get through this.  Please keep reaching out for support. 

Brighterday

thank you so much for the response. im so relieved that atleast this is part of the process .

all the best

hey daniel sorry to hear your suffering as well. how far are you in your taper?

thank you so much for the response. im so relieved that atleast this is part of the process .

all the best

hey daniel sorry to hear your suffering as well. how far are you in your taper?

Barely half way :( . I'm going to hold at this dose for a while.

its not a race one step at a time. i was rushing through my taper making cuts every weeks and im paying for it now ..this is part of the process . are you working now?

feel free to message anytime and stay safe!