4 Months Benzo Free

[Re...]

Hello Buddies,

Today I am celebrating 4 full months Benzo Free.  Like so many others, I didn't think I would ever make it this far, and I didn't think I would ever start feeling better.  Well, all those fears were in vain, as I have improved steadily since I finished my taper.

I am not 100%, but I am so much better.  I am sleeping, I can feel joy again, my fear of "nothing" has gone away.  No more night sweats, no more dizzy spells, no more heart pounding, no more irregular heart palpitations, no more muscle ticks/twitching, no more cog Fog, no more hopelessness.  The remaining tinnitus, although fairly continuous, I often just forget it is even there.  I am hoping this diminishes in time.

My main reason I wanted to post today is to give hope to others that are tapering or beginning to heal.  You will get through this and feel better, you just have to keep fighting.  4 months free and so grateful to feel better!!

Much Love to all,

John

John-

Congratulations on 4 months Benzo free!  So glad  you're doing well and feeling so much progress in healing!

Brighterday :)

• 2 weeks later...

I hit four months today and feel the same.

Congratulations to you, I hope we both continue healing over the four months!

• 1 month later...

Hello Everyone,

Just a quick update.  Today I celebrate 6 Full Months since the end of my Benzo Taper! I am getting better everyday.  I started playing tennis again, and am almost back up to a 4.0 player like I used to be.  I have been playing singles 1-2 times a week, and I love it!  I also jog for about 30-40 minutes and do 50 pushups every morning, followed by about 10-20 minutes of stretching / meditation.  My physical health is improving significantly.  I had stopped working out during the last 4-5 months of my taper, and was overweight and totally out of shape.

My remaining issues are still tinnitus, which I often forget is still there, and some OCD thinking.  I have always had a bit of OCD, maybe I'm just more conscious of it now, lol.  All the irrational "fear" I experienced during my taper is completely gone, and I am feeling much joy and peaceful contentment during my daily life.  And best of all, I love MUSIC again.  I actually stopped listening to music during the end of my taper because I felt so awful, but that is all over now.  I have music streaming all over my house throughout the day!  So happy about that.

If you are still in the trenches, all I can say is keep fighting.  You have to push through the bad times to get out of the rabbit hole.  There is healing, and you will know a whole new appreciation for patience and fortitude.

Much love to all!

John

[a8...]

Ready to be free,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience, strength and hope.  You are such an uplifter!!

Best,

Kate    :thumbsup:

congratulations! I too found my emotional came back! Exercise helped too....ears ringing doesnt seem to go away for me...so glad you are better....

Keep up the good work, keep us posted...

J

Thanks for coming back and sharing these encouraging words!  I love the way you talk about music - I agree it's a measure of our emotional well-being when the joy and pleasure in things we find beautiful returns to us.  Thanks again!