new to depression i think

[ju...]

i am not sure what to think about my thoughts lately i have never been depressed before but i am thinking i might be experiencing it for the first time long story short i developed an agoraphobia summer of 2017 after a while stuck in this limbo i began to hate the life i lead it is very boring and i have no friends i do not lead a normal life but this summer the hatred is starting to turn towards not so much the life i lead but to hating myself because its my fault i lead this life  i can not go any where no friends  no women in my life i haven't had sex in years i am a 33 year old male who used to be a quite the ladies man before i got  mentally ill around 25 years old  i do not know how to reverse this thought process i am experiencing can any one help

you are on a depression thread..many others reading are depressed and are looking for answers and maybe have nothing to offer when they read. Don't despair over that.. i realize you are looking for support and feedback. The mood changes in the recovery process are brutal ..highs, lows, nothingness...its exhausting for sure. I'm sorry you are missing who you once were. Current world situation is not helping either and can be very discouraging.

sometimes what people find helpful is to just to try to do the things you used to in little bits. Sometimes in starting the habit the feelings follow later.

As for the agoraphobia did it start with the meds or after? Maybe a good therapist can help you work through that.

Truly sorry you are struggling.

• 5 weeks later...

It is still early days. If i read correctly you are still tapering. Deppression can get quite grim during this time but it will improve. Things in your life might seem terrible and there may be some truth in this but you are looking at them through the eyes of withdrawal and this magnifies them. Once recovered you can begin to take back and improve your life.

Im taking mine back bit by bit when I felt all was lost. it is possible. Feeling great now after so much pain.

Andrew