New Taper method? Using DLMT

[In...]

I am struggling.  I started at 20mg of valium.  I am down to 7.5mg using the DLMT home brew method using PG, and a combination of pills.  I have held where I am, as I am at all pills for a second.  However, I need to start cutting again.  I get symptomatic whenever I hold for too long.  I have been trying to read about the toxicity of too much PG.  If I am doing the math correctly, the amount I would ingest daily, in liquid alone, would be toxic.  However, my math could be way off. 

So...... I have been trying to see if the PG is in fact NOT toxic, or, if I would be better off trying another solvent. 

OR... if I go to dry cutting pills.  I did that with Ativan before I switched over to Valium and it wasn’t good.  Also, with dry cutting pills, how do you do it accurately?  The medicine isn’t evenly distributed throughout the pill. 

I would like to continue safely.  I like the liquid taper.  I’m not opposed to other options.  However, I do not have access to a pharmacy compounded version of valium.  If anyone has any suggestions, advice or answers, thank you.  I’m starting to drive myself crazy.

There is no way to accurately dry cut, but it is often good enough for tapering purposes (for Valium, not more potent benzos). The drug is not uniformly distributed across the entire tablet even if it has a score mark. The most accurate way to taper is a prescription liquid, the next most accurate is the home brew method. Although some disagree with the accuracy of the home brew method as well.

PG is used in the prescription liquid Valium too. There are a lot of resources that talk about PG being a neurotoxin. It can be a neurotoxin in very high quantities. At your dose even if you were to switch to all liquid, I don’t think you have anything to worry about. You’d be ingesting 15 ml PG per day. Also, the prescription liquid in the US uses propylene glycol to dissolve the Valium.

There is no way to accurately dry cut, but it is often good enough for tapering purposes (for Valium, not more potent benzos). The drug is not uniformly distributed across the entire tablet even if it has a score mark. The most accurate way to taper is a prescription liquid, the next most accurate is the home brew method. Although some disagree with the accuracy of the home brew method as well.

PG is used in the prescription liquid Valium too. There are a lot of resources that talk about PG being a neurotoxin. It can be a neurotoxin in very high quantities. At your dose even if you were to switch to all liquid, I don’t think you have anything to worry about. You’d be ingesting 15 ml PG per day. Also, the prescription liquid in the US uses propylene glycol to dissolve the Valium.

Thank you. 

Right now I dissolve 50mg of valium in 100ml of PG and add 400ml of water.  I take 12.5ml 3x daily along with 1/4 of a pill each of those 3 doses. 

Thank you for the information about the toxicity.  I really appreciate it.  I held for a long time, and when I do, I start to feel really sick and out of sorts.  So, that’s what was happening.  I am going to start cutting again soon.  I appreciate your help.