Discouraged

[Te...]

So is it normal for your heart to be elevated constantly to be shaking and to be so nauseated. I'm in so much discomfort. My psychiatrist is trying to put me on Lexapro and Gabapentin but I don't want to take any of it but I am so tired of feeling like this as well. This sucks. My stomach and chest keeps hurting. This shaking is horrible.

In my humble opinion, I would not introduce any other meds at this time. I will never touch another psychiatric/brain altering med again. You are having a normal response to not having a benzo. Your symptoms are very normal.

Its going to be a marathon..not a sprint. but there are breaks/relief along the way. Windows and waves as they say. Windows are pleasant..waves are rough.  You are healing now.

You are not alone!

Propranolol blocks adrenaline and helps with racing heart problems, and it's not addictive. Talk to your doctor about it.

I'm right with you Teness. I was taking 1mg of Klonopin for 3 years. I've been off completely for 7 days and I feel worse everyday which can be discouraging,  but I know I have to go through this eventually to get better. I have chest tightness, shortness of breath, agitation, headaches, depression,  paranoia, and anxiety so far. We can do this. It will just take some time, but I truly believe we'll be happy that we did. Praying for strength and healing for the both of us.  :smitten:

I was cold turkeyed off clonazepam (klonopin) the same night I arrived at rehab. It was brutal and I was shaking so bad trying to sit in class. I would clench my jaws and ball up my fist digging my finger nails into my hands to try and stop it. I had a huge water bottle and would drink water all day and getting up in class going to the bathroom every 15 minutes or so.

The Nurse Practitioner told me to take 100 mg of Gabapentin twice a day for three days. She told me not to do it longer because they were addictive. I only took them one day because I was so afraid. The Doctor in charge had me take Lexapro. I took one dose and went to class and while sitting there, I felt and heard a loud explosion go off in my head and a flash of light. I told the NP and said not to take another one. She was upset because she said I did not have depression and should never had prescribed them. This was in my first 12 days of rehab, so my mind was not right. Glad the NP took care of me during that time.

Tremors and shaking are normal and it goes away. I still get them sometimes, but I am able to ignore. Do not get discouraged and hold on it will get better.

PG

Was your heart beating out of you chest?

It sure felt like it. My heart rate was so crazy that they had the head nurse check on me every hour for two nights straight. I forgot to add that I take a beta blocker that I started before my cold turkey when I was in tolerance and did not know it. I was going to the ER two or three times a month and they never found anything. I still see a cardiologist every 6 months just so he can check on me. He says my heart is fine and to keep on the beta blocker.

PG

The propranolol does lower blood pressure. Gabapentin you will have to wean off of eventually.

I know we all want a quick fix to get rid of the WD symptoms..but less is better. I DO know how you feel. I have not taken any of the meds  mentioned and my symptoms reduced. Just so you know.

Rest, good diet, moderate exercise (when you can tolerate it), and positive support. And sometimes a big ugly cry (or yell in the car when driving..).

Slow breathing (4/7/8 counts...in / hold/ exhale). Talk to yourself.." I am healing. I am safe. This will pass". Repetitively if  you need to.

You are going to develop so many coping skills through this - I swear.

:smitten: