Intrusive Thoughts

[An...]

Hello! I took Rivotril for a year in very high doses. Initially, it was prescribed for me to be able to sleep after a relationship ended. I stopped on the last day of December, and about 5 days later my life turned to hell. I already have 5 months without medication, and have very bad days. I have morbid thoughts, depersonalization, a lot of anxiety and unregulated sleep. It's like I don't know who I am. I need help, because there are days when I don't know what I'm feeling. I sometimes think it is an anxiety disorder, and not a cause of medication. After Rivotril, I became afraid to take any medicine.

Hello  Ansiedade nunca mais,

Welcome to Benzo Buddies and thank you for using Google Translate.  We are an English speaking forum so hopefully using translation will help get your message and our messages to you understandable.

It looks like you were taking high doses of Ritrovil and stopped suddenly, cold turkey, is that correct? This medication is very strong and stopping suddenly will likely bring on some difficult withdrawal symptoms. Everything you mention is common for withdrawal.

You are still very early off benzos at 5 months off, the things you are feeling are due to the drug and it's affect on the central nervous system. Weird and intrusive thoughts are common, it's important to remember they are not real, it is the drug talking. 

It will probably take a while for your symptoms to ease up but if you try to distract from them, it will help.  With time things will get easier.

I'll give you a couple of links to get you started on the forum.  The first is to the Post Withdrawal Recovery Board where you can post and receive feedback from others. I'll also give you a link to a very informative paper about what is happening in your brain during withdrawal.

We'll be happy to support and encourage you as you recover from what can be a challenging process.  I don't blame you for avoiding other medications, I would do the same thing. Let us know how we can help.

Post-withdrawal Recovery Support

What's happening inside your brain

pianogirl  :)