Im on 3 mg of Valium. Bad withdrawls.

[Ga...]

I'm on 3 mg of Valium now. Last week I was already on 1.25 of Valium but started horrible headaches stomach pains. Did a wrong thing took 1/2 of 1 mg of Ativan. All my pains disappeared.  But things started to get worse and worse for the next 3 days. Went back to 3 mg of Vslium. But the symptoms are still bad. Headaches and stomach psins are unbearable.Dont really know what to do.

[cd...]

We recommend a slow taper with cuts of no greater than 10% per week or two.  Many people taper slower than that.  Go slow so you don't have to up-dose again.  Be willing to hold for as long as necessary if symptoms get nasty.  Don't resort to rescue doses.  That 0.5mg Ativan was worth 5 mg of valium, so a definite up-dose.

To some degree, you get to adjust the severity of your symptoms by the size of your cuts.  If you were the point of 'unbearable', you cut too fast.  There will be some discomfort during withdrawal, but the aim of a slow taper is to make it more bearable for more people. 

You really need to make a plan and stick to it. I get that you are desperate but it doesn't help you to chop and change like this.

Am I right in thinking you're trying to switch to 3mg valium per day from ?mg ativan? If you think you can bear it, try to hang on, keep taking 3mg diazepam until you feel better. Eventually you will. It's normal to have some discomfort switching benzos. It can get quite bad. The reason you are doing it is to make things easier for the rest of your taper (I guess). It doesn't work out for everybody who tries. Some people have to switch back and resort to taking smaller doses more often to get around the problem of interdose withdrawals and keeping the blood levels relatively stable.

Basically, you need to decide on a dose of diazepam and stick to it until you feel well. It might be that you should start at a slightly higher dose of diazepam. 1mg is still a huge difference even though diazepam is weaker. Or, go back to ativan and stabilise. It's not doing you any good to be floating between the two.