6 months out :)

[JJ...]

I will keep this brief.

6 months since last Benzo dose and going strong.

For me, diet, meditation and yoga were the key.

Also getting rid of all benzos from my house, The craving IS real.

Perhaps most importantly was to just get on with life, rather than wallowing in self pity.

To all the nay sayers, HEALING DOES HAPPEN.

I honestly feel better than I have since I can remember, which is saying something.

I will take my new habits and lifestyle and move on forward, benzo free.

There were times on the journey where it could have taken a turn, like when my GP was very persistent that I should take an antidepressant. I resisted, and am very grateful I did. The journey took a lot of determination and hard work, but there is light at the end of the tunnel.

I have asked the mods to cancel my membership but they haven’t done it yet. I try to stay away from benzobuddies now, as I find it can be repetitively negative, the same people talking about the same stuff, how terrible they feel etc etc.. however the forum was incredibly useful and I am very thankful for that!!

Good luck everyone, HEALING IS REAL, it is in YOUR hands. Utilise the tools and take control of your life.

PLEASE, be very careful of doctors and opinions. Do your research and make your decisions based on that research. THERE IS NO MAGIC PILL TO MAKE YOU FEEL GOOD, that takes real work.

Xx

What a great story, thanks so much for writing it!  I was just lamenting to a member today that no one seems to heal at 6 months, but here you are and I'm thrilled for you!  :smitten:

Thanks for posting  :) lifestyle changes and dieting were pivotal in my recovery too. I def read “vape weed every day” in the same tone at the end of the song the next episode by Dre lolz

I hope you decide to keep the account, and come back here to post positive messages. Many here would benefit from it  :)

Na-  :angel

Thanks for sharing JJ. 

So true that there is no magic pill to make you feel better. 

Yes there can be a lot of negativity around here on some of the threads, but we need people like you to talk about you much you have healed.  I’m coming up on 4 months and can’t believe how much better I feel (and sleep!). 

Many people are genuinely frustrated and need reassurance.  Yes, there is a tiny minority that will never be happy, will constantly complain that they are permanently damaged, and not surprising, they remain stuck. 

Please keep coming back to update us on your success!  You are helping reassure a lot of people.

Thanks so much for sharing your story JJ.  The encouragement you give here is a lifeline for members in the throes of awful symptoms.  So happy for you that healing is happening!

Brighterday  :)

I'm so happy for you! Congratulations on your healing and thanks for posting this message of hope for others still in the process.

pianogirl  :smitten: