What can I take for nausea and diarrhea?

[Da...]

I've heard ginger and peppermint are good for nausea and probiotics are good for diarrhea along with eating rice, banana's and other bland foods.  Sorry, I know you wanted info on the medication but I don't have any experience with it.  Hopefully others will be along.

loperamide should be fine. I have taken it as needed.

Everyone is different, but changing my diet significantly helped in gut health for this WD process. Wd alone can cause your symptoms of GI distress, but i'm curious if diet may be affecting you too.

I lived on peppermint tea during the first two months:)

I took Zofran (needs a doc's prescription) when my nausea was terrible during my taper. Ginger tea helped a lot, as did ginger candies. Sea-bands (Amazon) helped too -- they press on the acupressure point on your wrist that governs nausea.

I don't know where you live or what the laws are regarding marijuana there, but indica marijuana helped me IMMENSELY! Nowadays you can buy indica in edible form (Gummi Bears) at mj dispensaries. You might try  some and see if it helps. It does contain THC, of course, and you will "feel" it, unlike CBD. But in my experience, indica makes me calm and mellow, not goofy the way sativa does. So . . . another idea. (I figured if indica mj helps cancer patients who feel nauseated from chemo, it would help me. It did).

As Pam has suggested, the BRAT diet (bananas, rice, applesauce, toast) is many ppl's go-to for the big D. As well, a probiotic will surely help.

Loperamide works just fine, also. I took it several times.

I feel for you. I had a very messed up gi system on my taper. Fortunately, things straightened out once my taper was over. I still take the probiotic, though. It's a Jarrow product -- again, look on Amazon.

Best to you,

:smitten:

Katz

I had good luck with a nausea aid called Nauzene that can be purchased at Walmart. Very mild and no side effects.