odd Taper

[ne...]

so a touch confused . my dose is .5 mg of klonopin  but i now only take 1 pill every 7 days  i believe i live with a lot of withdraw symptoms im used to them  from what i read a slow taper is important but most people take a pill every day  I have never done that in 11 years of using klonopin so it seems odd if i want off this stuff to use it more often  Im a recent widow so im used to crying alot and an ex dancer so used to pain many injuries  The most i ever used was .5 mg 4 times a week but that was at least a year ago  I think im used to feeling like someone else cuz i am someone else im missing my husband of 26 years  :'(    wondering if i should just extend it to 8 days or start cutting the pill by a touch    i feel good walking the dog and dancing . i sleep bad . my gynecologist told me to use edibles  for menopause  anyway that's my story

Hi needhelp

If you only use one Klonipin a week, have you considered just stopping?  If that’s scary, try cutting it into quarters.  Reduce by 1/4 for a few weeks then half, then 3/4 etc.  Just ideas.  At this point, I doubt you’d feel much worse.  I agree that taking it everyday is not a good way for you.  That won’t help you. 

[15...]

Yeah, we see dosing like that occasionally, but not very often.

Options...

1) Even out your daily dose without increasing your weekly dose.  Then begin a taper.

2) Continue with a pill once a week, but take less each week

3) Continue with 0.5 mg, but take it less frequently

I like #3 the least because you continue to take 0.5 mg doses.  #2 could work since you're used to that kind of schedule and symptoms.  #1 would probably be my preferred approach.  It would be a big change from your normal approach, but it should even things out more.  You might even take the daily pill at night to help with your sleep.

It's up to you which approach you take.  Do some reading here.  Ask lots more questions. 

I'm very sorry for your recent loss.  I lost a good friend recently to this stupid virus.  It's tough sometimes.

• 3 weeks later...
awww sorry for your recent loss too soooo hard  thanks for the responses  Ive stayed with the .5 every 7 ays was about to cut it down last night but literally swallowed it without thinking ugh next sunday i with do 3/4 pill and see how that feels  I think i am used to the withdraw feeling but as soon as it gets to day 8 its too much