Help planning last steps of Xanax taper

[Kh...]

Been taking .25mg (occasionally .5mg) Xanax 1x a day at night for about 4 weeks. I'm finishing up my second week of Zoloft. I went from .25mg to .125mg on Thursday night. I was already having side effects from the Zoloft start up (morning anxiety, shakiness) but new symptoms since going to .125mg are fatigue, internal shakiness, spikes in heart rate while at rest (not huge ones), anxiety, dizziness, and uneven sleep.

Initially I had planned to jump off at .125mg after 5 days but am rethinking now. I think I can cut my .125mg to .0625 but I definitely can't go lower than that with the tablets I have.

I'm not sure how to judge if I'm capable of jumping off here or if I should drop to .0625mg for a week then jump. I'm worried that I've freaked myself out a bit too much by reading here and other places about the side effects and am overthinking. Your guidance would be amazing.

It sounds as if your 50% cut was too much, I wonder if you might add in .0625 and try to stabilize before attempting another cut?

Thank you.

Is the goal that there are no symptoms between cuts or that the symptoms are manageable between cuts?

While I don't feel great, I do feel like I can manage where I am now.

Excellent question, it's all about what you can manage.  Stable doesn't mean feeling good, it means not being in agony and the thought of cutting your dose again doesn't send you into terror.  Your use of the drug was so short compared to the rest of us, I hope you can get off of it sooner rather than later but it's all about your quality of life.