Trying to find instructions for micro-dry tapering.

[Ho...]

Frustrated that I cannot find any info on this........been looking, but can't find anything.

Can anyone help? 

It's 5 mg in tablets.  two tablets of 2 mg and 1 mg tablet.  It's still very confusing to me.  Guess I'm too dumb to get it. :(

I guess I'm not understanding what you need, do you want help in figuring out how to reduce your last 5 mgs?

Your signature says you've been using DMLT, you don't want to continue with this method?

Pamster.

Yes, you got it right.  I'm thinking of just cutting the tablets ...the DMLT is so much preparation, lots of work and you have to take the drink with you.  UGH! 

Thinking of micro dry cutting the last 5 mg.  But confused as to how to do it. 

I understand now, thanks for being patient.  A dry microtaper will involve crushing and weighing your pills, are you willing to do this or would you rather find a way to cut or shave your pills?  Is there anyway you can ask your Dr to write you a script for the liquid version or perhaps one for a compounded pharmacy?

I understand we'll need to figure out the percentages of reductions you've been doing and try to mimic that with a dry taper.  What rate would you like to shoot for?

We can help you figure this out, do you want to crush and weigh or cut and shave your pills, this info would help us help you.

Thank you for your help Pamster.  Whichever works best.  Guess I'm thinking cut at first and see how I do...then if difficult possibly shave. 

The liquid was just too much trouble to be honest.

How do I figure out the taper to be at 10% with the dry cutting scale?  That's my confusion.  If I have to shave, then I will shave.

Hi Hopeforrecovery,

Pamster indicated you need help.

I read all the prior messages and I believe your situation is as follows:

Your current dose is 5 mg (two tablets of 2 mg and 1 mg tablet).

You want to know how to use a scale to dry cut and have 10% reduction as your next dose.

If that is your question, then here are the steps:

(1) Do you have a scale (if not, let me know and I will send what many of us use)

(2) Once you have a scale, send me the weight in grams of your 2mg tablet and your 1mg tablet

I will then do some math for you.

Bob

Thank you so much Bob7.  Very grateful for your help.  Thank you too Pamster.

I already ordered Smart Weigh GEM20 High Precision Digital Milligram Scale 20 x 0.001g Reloading, Jewelry and Gems Scale 

Hope it's the right one.  ???

Yes, I watched some Youtube on how to ...but still confusing to me.  Holding till I get it in two days.  Looking forward to you showing me the how to..s.  Feel so dumb.

So appreciate your willingness to help. 

Kimmie

I already ordered Smart Weigh GEM20 High Precision Digital Milligram Scale 20 x 0.001g Reloading, Jewelry and Gems Scale 

Yes, I watched some Youtube on how to ...but still confusing to me.  Holding till I get it in two days.  Looking forward to you showing me the how to..s.  Feel so dumb.

Kimmie

I will wait to hear from you when your scale arrives.

Believe in yourself.  You will be able to do this.  I will help you.  Be at peace.

Kimmie

You're not alone in feeling dumb, thank goodness we have experienced and helpful folks around here, thanks Bob.  :smitten:

I WAS Scared but now that Pamster and Bob7 has jumped in to help me, I feel much calmer now.  Thank GOD for them!

Bob7

Scale just arrived today.  From watching Youtube videos & reading the accompanying directions Calibrated it.....I measured 5 mg of Valium tablets.  Two of 2 mg and one 1 mg.  Marked down the amount.  Then I weighed the 1 mg.  Wrote that down.  That's where I am right now.  I'm Holding at 5 mg right now.

I am assuming then I have to file off that 1 mg tablet but not sure calculating the amount at this point.  I do want to taper at 10%.

Please let me know when you get this and thank you for the assistance.

Kimmie ...(HopeforRecovery)