Hi there, I’m Lauren. Thanks for having me here!

[Lo...]

Hi there, my name is Lauren.

I’ve decided to join BenzoBuddies after reading about it in “The Benzo Devil.” Ive decided to quit taking Xanax after being on 8mg-10mg (now my current dose) which started merely as a .5mg dose when I first started.

In 2019, is when my dosage increased. As I had two major surgeries to remove cancer from my appendix and colon.

In September 2019, my baby brother and only sibling passed away at 23. Ive been using pretty heavily after I found out about cancer but losing my brother put me into a downward spiral.

I used to be a successful Real Estate Agent with everything I could possibly want.

I’ve started my taper, and have went from 8mg, down to 5mg and I’m on day three of my journey.

Thanks for reading about me.

Hi Lospirirtual7 and Welcome to BenzoBuddies!

It's so good you've decided to quit Xanax.  I'm so terribly sorry about the loss of your brother.  What a terrible, heartbreaking loss.  I'm also so sorry you've had to deal with major cancer surgeries.  You have had more than your fair share and my heart goes out to you.

I'm so glad you found BenzoBuddies - you'll find the information you need to plan the rest of your taper and you'll receive support from others who understand what this process is like.

We typically support a taper with cuts of no more than 5-10% every 10-14 days as allowed by your symptoms.  A slow, gradual taper helps minimize withdrawal symptoms so that you can continue to function as well as possible.  You'll find more information about tapering plans as you explore the site.  I'll give you some links to help you get started. When you feel like it please feel free to post questions.

Withdrawal Methods

Planning Your Withdrawal (Taper Plans)

Withdrawal Support (during your taper)

The Ashton Manual

Other members who want to reply to your posts find it helpful to know where you are in the process, so here’s how to add your benzo info automatically to your posts: go to Profile, then Forum Profile, write your info (which benzo, dose, taper history) in the text box and save. Thanks! Let us know if you need help with this.

We're so glad you're here - please reach out for support,

Brighterday  :)

Hello 

I’m sorry for your Loss :-\

In this journey you will come face to face with yourself, what I mean is every thing you ever thought was of value... falls by the waste side...

In this time the only thing that will matter to you is YOUR HEALTH AND MIND CONTROL.

staying sane, you will find what you are truly made of...

Not if ,but when you healing is done you will be a 100% DIFFERENT PERSON! :thumbsup: Like a phenomenal Phoenix rising from depths unfathomable by human thought. You will be remade a new

Just waking up not being in withdrawal will be all that matters....

Humble yourself and strap in ...

We will be here

Stay strong...stay present,

Good luck

Hi

Good you’re here.  Welcome.

I’m so sorry for your loss.  That’s truly sad.  Losing a sibling is very difficult. 

You’ve made a brave and wise choice to taper the benzo.  You’re stronger than you know.  On the other side of benzos is a beautiful life.  Your brother would want that for you.

Plan your taper.  Remember not to rush it. 

You’ll be fine.