I was on Prozac,Effexor,Zoloft,adivan,Valium

Was on them 5 months

Off of all of them now

My head is a mess ,life is a mess ,

Trying to hold on

Trying to not give up

I will win....

Hello Jimmyj,

Welcome to Benzo Buddies! Wow, that's a lot of medication to be on for a short period of time, 5 months. I'm sorry things are rough for you now.

Let me ask you a question, did you stop all the drugs suddenly, cold turkey? If you tapered off, what kind of taper plan did you follow?

How long have you been off these medications?

Don't give up. All of these drugs, especially benzos like ativan and valium, have a significant effect on the central nervous system. It can take a while for the system to reset. 

Once you give us more information we can better offer advice and information. 

Benzo withdrawal can be a very challenging process, while things might seem a 'mess' right now, as time goes on you'll find the symptoms ease up.

For now I'll provide you with a link to the Post Withdrawal Recovery Board where you can post and receive feedback from others. We understand what you are going through, let us know how we can help.

Post-withdrawal Recovery Support

pianogirl  :)

Hello

Yes I tapered,

Rapid

Only 2 weeks, (stupid I know )

I decided to rapid tapering because I didn’t want to prolong the amount of time on this poison

It’s Ben a NIGHTMARE

Multiple ER trips, thinking I was gonna die

I lost 60lb

Still having panic attacks,problems sleeping

I can drive, eat,shower,cook,

I have PDR every once in a while

I have awesome windows every so often

Depression of and on

I HAVE BE OFF THIS CRAP 6 MONTHS  :thumbsup:

Slowly healing....slowly

Hello again,

A 2 week taper is really a cold turkey. I know you wanted to lessen the time spent on these drugs, but the quick taper from many medications is the culprit for how you feel now. I went through a cold turkey so I know how awful it is.

The good thing is you are off the drugs.  The fact you are having windows is great! That means that healing is taking place.

6 months is still early in terms of benzo recovery. The changes benzos make to the nervous system can't be reversed immediately.  It takes time.

PG  :smitten:

Hello

Ya I agree, it was pretty much a CT . My most unpleasant symptoms are the lack of sleep, the feeling of fear and panic out of nowhere?

And I can’t handle any type of stress to well.. it put me into over drive! And I have to chill out for a few hours, it sucks

And I can’t maintain that (happy feeling) to long throughout the day . I seem to be more relaxed at night around 11pm for some reason?

Can’t have any stimulus types of food or drinks like coffee or way spicy foods.

I have bad neck tension,it come in waves

All this is the normal from what I have read...

hoping for some peace form a higher power, keeps me holding on

• 3 weeks later...

More farther back

B4 all this I went to a rapid detox place 4 opiates, they also found anti-depressant in the (street) pills I was taking so they put me under and wiped my respecters, woke up with no withdrawals felt good but then 2 weeks later... PAWS hit e like a mofo!!!!!! Then anxiety then depression then my doctor put me on Benzos, and Prozac shit got WAY WORSE! So not only is my brain trying to heal from the rapid detox it’s trying to repair from he Siri’s and Benzos.... FML

Hi jimmyj, im new here too. Hope you find the support and help youre looking for.

I just wanted to co-miserate with you a bit. I too am going through these neck pain things. When i try to turn my neck in the middle of the night, it hurts SO BAD just to turn the other direction that it wakes me up from the light sleep i manage to fall into.

Last night was my first difficult night. My husband snores pretty bad, but earplugs, my usuall dose of diazepam along w melatonin is usually enough, but not last night😐 He woke me up at 3:30am and i didnt fall asleep til 7am and that was only after another melatonin tab😣 I have a feeling this is gonna be my new norm for awhile, especially since im just starting my taper. Not being able go sleep is really sucky...i totally feel you on that and hope it improves for you.

Anyway, just wanted to welcome you and say things will get better.

Take care-