Withdrawl Support

[jd...]

Hi, I've been off of Klonopin for 19 months now. I still struggle with some symptoms that I believe are related to having taken this medication for 10 years. I've struggled with anxiety about my health since stopping the medication completely.

Hello jdiko9,

Welcome to Benzo Buddies!  Health anxiety is a very common benzo withdrawal symptom. I suffered with this particular issue quite a lot when I was first off benzos. I spent far too much time using Dr. Google and finding all sorts of diseases and conditions I might have. I did have check ups and all my tests were normal so I finally had to stop Googling and find ways to distract from how I felt.

While 19 months off is a good length of time off benzos, recovery can take a while, longer than we would like.

You did take klonopin, a very strong benzo, for many years. What kind of taper plan did you follow?

You'll find good support here as you continue to recover.  It really helps to know others have walked this path and healed.  I'll give you a link to the Post Withdrawal Recovery Board where you can post and receive feedback from others.

Benzo withdrawal can be very challenging for some of us.  We're here for you so let us know how we can help.

Post-withdrawal Recovery Support

pianogirl  :)