Dreams

[7f...]

[7f...]
Everyone say that dreams are a sign of healing, what if you don’t get dreams and your sleep is so light that you don’t feel that you slept? Will I heal anyway?

Good to hear that dreams are a sign of healing.

I just started having dreams (month 21 off now) lately and hope it's true.

How far are you from jumping? Any improvement with other sx?

I believe you will have your dreams back when the brain heals more.

I noticed this too. That first year post CT I did not sleep a bit, so nor did I dream. Dreams returned in maybe my third year out. One needs to remember that benzo wd is mostly a healing of your brain. Dreams come from your brain.

My story sort of proves that one can survive without any proper sleep. It was scary as hell for me. I really did think I would die from NO sleep. But I didnt.

To answer your question, this will not affect your ability to heal from  benzos. So much of benzo wd is learning how to BEAR all the weird stuff that happens along the way. But NOT sleeping well NOT affect how you heal from benzos. Please believe me. I) did manage to heal despite being on benzos for thirty years, plus I was on 2 SSRIs.

east

Never Give UP!

Hi akul,

It helps to understand that recovery from benzos is different for each of us.  Some people, on benzos or not, simply don't recall dreams and others do.The fact that you don't have dreams (or have them and don't remember them) may not be significant at all.

Take care,

Brighterday

I'm just starting to sleep consistently again and having normal dreams after two years off benzos. The sleep has really come back the past two months during this covid stuff. I have to move beds all night, but I'm sleeping better. With the better sleep, I'm having normal dreams again. Last night I dreamt I was in a band with Michael Cera. I really hope normal dreams are a sign of healing because I'm still dealing with a host of emotional issues.

[7f...]
Thank u people. 😊 I just jumped today from 1mg of Lorazepam, I couldn’t do it anymore, I don’t sleep being on or off, so it doesn’t matter. I couldn’t do it anymore.

akul:

tough choice jumping...I did a rapid taper off of less than .5 of ativan/lorazepam...

So do you have anyone near you or with you that knows you've discontinued the med? i just want to know you will be safe and feel safe during this process. I'm concerned bc you've jumped/ct'd off of a decent sized dose of med.

dig your heels in deep...first month is rough for sure.

I'm glad I'm free of ativan, but its been a bumpy ride. and I'm definitely still in the recovery process and know I have months ahead of me. But i have hope again and that is huge!

Let us know how you are doing.

I have a mix of horrific violent nightmares, intense  wish fulfilment  dreams where I am making amazing music in a fantastic band or sitting around a table having brilliant discussions with friends and dreams where I am back in my life before I got ill in 1996. The last cause extreme grief when I wake up and feel more real than my actual like.

• 3 weeks later...
I was just thinking this.  I'm very early in withdraw.  Days 1-2 no sleep.  Day Three- slept pretty good but don't remember dreams.  Day 4- Laying all night . I didn't think I was sleeping at all.  But when I went to brush my teeth, I remembered my dreams.  So weird.  Everything about this process is so crazy.