First Time

[Fl...]

I have been taking/abusing Xanax for six years. I went cold turkey for three weeks and could not handle the symptoms. I am now on .5mg of Klonopin twice daily. I take it at 8 and 8. I have some questions about how far i have come, what is in front of me, and possible solutions to bad days.

I have been taking/abusing Xanax for six years. I went cold turkey for three weeks and could not handle the symptoms. I am now on .5mg of Klonopin twice daily. I take it at 8 and 8. I have some questions about how far i have come, what is in front of me, and possible solutions to bad days.

Welcome to BenzoBuddies Fluffhead!

Glad you joined us on your journey toward freedom from benzodiazepines. Cutting cold turkey is not recommended as people may develop severe withdrawal symptoms. Your substitution is a good choice as Klonopin is a long acting benzodiazepine as opposed to Xanax which is a short acting one. If you look into The Ashton Manual which was written by Dr. Heather Ashton and expert on benzodiazepines you can verify that your decision was a good choice and now you can start Planning Your Withdrawal (Taper Plans). Please share your thoughts with BenzoBuddies and ask questions as many as you need to find the information and comfort you need to successfully put benzodiazepine use behind you.