Valium user

[Wi...]

Hey! I'm a girl from Sweden and I have been on Valium for 8 years. I was on a taper scheme since December but a few weeks ago I screwed up with the dose (started to take a higher dose again) so I have just started over again. Now I'm taking 2 mg/day and it's really hard for me at the moment. Valium have taken so much from me and I lost myself. I hope I can feel normal again in the future! And I hope I don't mess up my taper this time.

Hey! I'm a girl from Sweden and I have been on Valium for 8 years. I was on a taper scheme since December but a few weeks ago I screwed up with the dose (started to take a higher dose again) so I have just started over again. Now I'm taking 2 mg/day and it's really hard for me at the moment. Valium have taken so much from me and I lost myself. I hope I can feel normal again in the future! And I hope I don't mess up my taper this time.

Welcome to BenzoBuddies Winchesterpang!

You certainly can feel normal again! It is great that you have decided to taper from your Valium and we all know it can be very difficult, especially after 8 years of use! If you could look into  The Ashton Manual you could learn more about benzodiazepines and withdrawal from them. Also, please visit the Planning Your Withdrawal (Taper Plans) forum for more information on planning your taper and you can share your thoughts and experiences with others in similar situation. Knowing what to expect and how to deal with the challenge is half the battle.

Hello Sherpa!

Thank you for welcoming me and I will check out the manual and the planning your withdrawal! I'm so glad I found this website! I have been feeling so alone in this and even though I have come to the knowledge that benzo have destroyed many peoples life I haven't been talking to anyone who have managed to go trough this hell!

Hi Winchester

Welcome to BB.  Good you’re here.

You are not alone.  Many have healed and many are in the process.  You can and you will, too.

It’s easier not to go it alone.  Post your questions in the forum.  Ask for help.  People care.

You are so much more than a ghost in a shell.  You are brave and strong.  All survivors are.

Thank you! It feels nice to hear that!