coming back to support

[no...]

Hello all, It has been seven years since I finally felt I could go off on my own without the constant support this forum had given me through my three attempts to quit benzos. Experiencing a surge of anxiety recently, as we probably all are, it hit me that perhaps I could use my experience to support others, and in doing so, do something with my pandemic elevated angst that might be of some good.

It took me three separate tapers, and a long struggle to be free but i am here to tell you, even in the worst situation, as mine was, it can be done. It doesn't have to be perfect, it just has to be endured, and although I had a rough time, i managed somehow to keep working and complete graduate school. Just like the social isolation/quarantine now, if we stay the course and ride it out, the other side is there waiting. Take care and hang in there, buddies!

Hello northwind, Welcome back to BenzoBuddies!

I'm sorry to hear you're dealing with anxiety but grateful you're reaching out to those who are feeling the intensified version due to their withdrawal from benzodiazepines.  I've returned to the forum as well after being away for 8 years and find it helps me feel empathy and gratitude, I hope coming back brings you comfort as you reassure those still suffering.

You probably still know your way around so I won't provide any links but thank you so much for returning to offer help to others.

Pamster