Short termer - recovered

[Ze...]

Hi all!

Way back in 2019 July I came down with an awful virus. I couldn’t get out of bed and was sleeping all day. I had awful stiff joints, crunching when my toes bent and pains in bands and feet.

After 2-3 weeks the virus hadn't gone. I went to a doctor who prescribed many different pills. One was noctamid a Lormetazepam, apparently for insomnia. After taking the medication my symptoms got more varied and I felt worse... eventually after a month I realised it was the Benzo that was causing side effects. Fatigue, angry outbursts, tinnitus, depression, burning feet/hands, join pain, chest pain, blurred vision and many many more. I guess it was too late at this stage, although I had no addiction I had a dependency that was showing up in the daytime when I wasn’t taking the pill.

I had been taking it to sleep then coming down and having withdrawals in the day time. Although I only took about 14 pills over a month, it totally messed me up. For months later after coming off it I’d have random muscle pains for a week as if I’d been working out, then it’d disappear... I was tired and fatigued. This all dragged on for 7-8 months and slowly ebbed away. Today the fatigue has totally gone and so have most of the pains. I’ve had many many tests through different Dr’s in different countries and not one of them could find anything wrong.

I just wanted to be someone who actually came back to this forum to give hope to anyone going through this awful process.

I should never ever been prescribed this medicine.

I’m disgusted by the dr who prescribed it and the little help I had along the way.

To any short termers, this is real and it is terrible... but slowly you will heal. For anyone telling you it cannot happen if you have taken it for a short period of time, they are wrong.

This forum helped me to understand what was happening to me... so thank you so much  :thumbsup:

Hi Zerosleep,

Thank you for coming back to give hope to others, you know how important it is to be able to see someone come through this.  Every story is different but each of us search for a story which mirrors our own to cling to in order to survive this nightmare.

You're just given someone the hope they need to make it through another day, thank you.  :smitten:

Pamster

Thank you from me too zero sleep !

I believe so many still on the road can grasp some hope continue their journey by hearing your encouraging success story!

I was a short term user initially but stuck after only 5 days use of 2.5mg valium. I probably should just stop there but went back after 2 day off and dragged the tapering for 12 months crashed all the time until now.

Can I ask if you ever used any other brain meds before this one?

Best wishes to your forever benzo free life !

4mom

Hi 4mom,

I’d never taken any Benzo before this one, or anything relating to the brain on a regular basis that I know of!

Good luck!

My god, now I know even for ppl never been harmed before by any brain altering meds, just a few days benzo can do such insane damage!

I asked because I always wonder if my 5 day 0.25 mg valium took my life overnight because my system was sensitized by prior use of ssir. I asked around and heard all other short term benzo victim are similar to my situation.

Truly the most evil drug ever invented for kill!

On the other hand, I hope you can recover much faster! It has to be otherwise it's too insane!

I will follow you from now on. Please update us when you can. Have faith, you can recover!

4mom

Apology for my bad memory in my previous post. You already recovered and I wish you the best that life can offer!

Thanks again for giving hope to everyone still fighting for life!

4 mom

:smitten:your post gives me strength. I was also a short term user and am very slowly healing since I am almost 3 months free . Way to go on your success! :smitten: