In search of any support

[yo...]

I have joined Benzo buddies as I can’t find anyone to help me with my withdrawal from Klonopin. I have been taking 3 mg daily for approximately 20 years and am now 7+ months into my taper. I down to .25 mg daily but have no idea what I am doing and have no support from anyone I know.  I have found a lot of the stories so far to be helpful to know I am not alone, but I have no one to talk to help me with my agonizing journey.  Please help

Hello yosbeast, Welcome to BenzoBuddies!

I'm sorry to hear you've had to do this alone, this is the way it is for many of us, not many understand what we go through.  You've done an amazing job of reducing your dose, how are you feeling?  Is it getting tougher the lower you go in dose, this happens for most members.

If you'd like to connect with others who know how you feel, please post on the  Withdrawal Support (during your taper).

Please let us know how we can help you, we're glad you found us.

Pamster

I have joined Benzo buddies as I can’t find anyone to help me with my withdrawal from Klonopin. I have been taking 3 mg daily for approximately 20 years and am now 7+ months into my taper. I down to .25 mg daily but have no idea what I am doing and have no support from anyone I know.  I have found a lot of the stories so far to be helpful to know I am not alone, but I have no one to talk to help me with my agonizing journey.  Please help

Welcome to BenzoBuddies!

You have been great coming this far with you taper! Please look at The Ashton Manual for more information on benzodiazepines and withdrawal from them. As you come closer to the end of your taper you may want to slow down and make smaller cuts to make the transition as smooth as possible. Please ask as many questions you need and share your thoughts and experiences with Benzobuddies.

Wow, you have done a lot by yourself. I had cut my dose by half by the time I found Benzobuddies, too. It's nice to come here and find some support and there are really a lot of us, you know. I am on a different taper than a lot of the people on here but The Ashton manual is really the most gentle and you could probably make your life easiest by going the rest of the way off as they advise you- that's a 10% cut every two weeks. Just think, the end is so close in sight. Aren't you proud. Welcome and nice to have you.