Introduction

[...]

Hi,

I'm a 51 yrs old man suffering from benzo withdrawal symptoms after 12 yrs. taking 0.5 mg of clonazepam.

Unfortunately I was ignorant of the many issues/side effects this type of drugs could carry along. Also I stopped cold turkey not knowing it could be fatal.

Currently I'm having a new symptom after 8 months I quit taking it.

Greetings from Mexico!

Hello MrX, Welcome to BenzoBuddies!

I'm so sorry you quit cold turkey, I did too so I know how badly you're feeling!  It takes a long time to recover from this, and at 8 months, you've probably still got some time before you do.  I'm not surprised to hear new symptoms are showing up, it's so frustrating to never know how we're going to feel one day to the next.

If you'd like to connect with others going through what you are, feel free to post on either the Post-withdrawal Recovery Support  or Cold Turkey, Detox & Rapid Withdrawal boards, there you'll find others who know what you're feeling.

Have you read  The Ashton Manual, chapter 3 lists our symptoms and why we feel them, I found reading that chapter comforting, at least I knew that was I was feeling was normal.

We're glad you're here, let us know how we can help you.

Pamster

Hi,

I'm a 51 yrs old man suffering from benzo withdrawal symptoms after 12 yrs. taking 0.5 mg of clonazepam.

Unfortunately I was ignorant of the many issues/side effects this type of drugs could carry along. Also I stopped cold turkey not knowing it could be fatal.

Currently I'm having a new symptom after 8 months I quit taking it.

Greetings from Mexico!

Welcome to BenzoBuddies!

Sorry you have been experiencing withdrawal symptoms even after 8 months of being benzodiazepine free. There are many people on BenzoBuddies dealing with similar issues please look at the different discussion boards for useful information and share your experiences with us. Hope your symptoms are transitional and will be gone soon.

Hi MrX!

Sorry to hear you're having symptoms again. I too, just quit .5mg of Xanax cold turkey although only about a month ago, you're not alone. You have lots of good support here.

• 3 weeks later...