Day One Off Xanax

[Mo...]

Not much of a milestone but it's a big deal to me.  2 years ago I was up to 2.75 mgs of Xanax daily.  Always took it at 5 pm to get a little buzz like having a drink.  Hadn't skipped a day since early 2012 until yesterday.

Been tapering very slowly the last year. Got down to .75 and got stuck for months.  This forum gave me a kick start by reading everyone else's stories.  My taper is 3-4 weeks per each drop.  Finally got down to .125 or less and just didn't take it yesterday.  My sleep wasn't too bad.  Just woke up several times but really no big deal with symptoms.  The only way to get off any drug is by a slow taper.  And I mean a really slow taper.

So today is the first day in over 8 years being Xanax free.  Thanks everyone for your support stories.  They really did help.

Congratulations Mongo, this is great news and a real milestone!  I'm wishing you a speedy recovery with minimal symptoms.  :thumbsup:

you are correct, it seems those that tapered slowly seem to have done better. the C/T crowd were seriously hurt. With that said, IMO you will have some tough days. Time is the only healer.

I am 14 months off, I was doing well up to the 12 mo mark. I had a cough and was taking NyQuil and holy shit batman, it put me into a tail spin...just now recovering...moral of the story, be careful what and when you put something into your benzo damaged brain...

Congratulations and keep up the fight. Keep all of us posted..'

J

Congratulations on getting off Xanax,!

You did it and should be very proud.

Wishing you healing days ahead. 

• 3 weeks later...