Hi, I'm an addict

[St...]

Hi, My name is D, and I'm currently addicted to Clonazepam, not doctor prescribed. I've found a benzo free podcast that spoke of you. I was taking 14mg Clonazepam about a month or month and a half ago. I'm down to 3mg as of yesterday, and hopefully 2.5 today. I still have yet to experience any severe withdrawal, but I've had siezures from Xanax in the past. I also plan on substituting valium once I get my Clonazepam dosage low enough.

Hello StellarCollapse, Welcome to BenzoBuddies!

A few questions if you don't mind.

How long were you taking the 14 mgs a day?

How long ago did you have seizures on Xanax, what was your dose and for how long and why did the seizures occur?

Why are you interested in tapering from the Clonazepam, were you experiencing tolerance symptoms?

Congratulations on lowering your dose by so much, and you say you've not had bad withdrawal symptoms, that's great!  Do you think you will as you get lower? 

We typically suggest reducing your dose by about 5-10% every week or two but this should be driven by your symptoms, here is a link to our taper methods. Planning your taper (Taper Plans)

If you'd like to connect with others tapering, you can start a thread on the  Withdrawal Support (during your taper) board.

We're glad you found us, let us know how we can help.

Pamster

Hi, My name is D, and I'm currently addicted to Clonazepam, not doctor prescribed. I've found a benzo free podcast that spoke of you. I was taking 14mg Clonazepam about a month or month and a half ago. I'm down to 3mg as of yesterday, and hopefully 2.5 today. I still have yet to experience any severe withdrawal, but I've had siezures from Xanax in the past. I also plan on substituting valium once I get my Clonazepam dosage low enough.

Welcome to BenzoBuddies!

As you get lower dosage you might need to decrease the amount you cut, watch out for symptoms. Sometimes there is delayed reaction and the bulk of the symptoms may come toward the end or after tapering, depending on how fast you tapered. The Ashton Manual is a great, reliable, professional source of information could help you with further planning. Some people can get off relatively easily, some others develop problems but if you know what to expect and how to deal with it definitely helps to remain on the top of the issues.

Hope you continue to do well!

Hi guys, new here! I have a history of benzo and opiate abuse. The opiates I'm done with for quite a white, but recently relapsed inn benzo territory.

I've had multiple seizures from Xanax in the past, so I'm no stranger to how scary this process is. I found myself using 14-20mg of Clonazepam per day. This persisted maybe 2-3 months. I now (as of yesterday) am down to 2.5mg daily. I originally tried directly switching to valium and realized bad idea; 14mg Clonazepam to valium is quite a bit of valium. So now I'm at a more manageable point. This morning I took 1mg and I plan to take just 2mg today. I do also have some valium I can substitute at the end, to ease the tapering off.

As for symptoms: my symptoms were far worse when I was actually on the higher dosages of Clonazepam. I originally relapsed because of insomnia. In retrospect, I may deal with it again.  I basically dropped as fast as I could and promised myself if I entered severe withdrawal, I'd up my dose again and stabilize for a week. That hasn't happened, I still sleep as well as I did, maybe I have a little anxiety when I am about due for my next dose, which may be more of an excitement in my mind rather than actual anxiety. I also get it a little through the day, but not so bad I can't manage. I've worked in a high stress office environment for a long time and I get these things come and go.

From here I'm planning to taper a little slower, but so long as symptoms don't start popping up, still aggressively. This was a mistake and I'm fortunate to even have a little valium to further ease the end of the taper. If anyone has taper guidelines for my specific lack of severe symptoms and such I'd like to hear it!

It's a pleasure to meet you all.

Your symptoms sound quite manageable, I'm surprised but pleased you're not suffering too much.  It sounds like you have experience and a good grasp of your situation and how your body reacts so I doubt we can guide you other than to say if things get rough, slow down. 

We're glad you're here and please make use of the support boards for help when you're feeling overwhelmed, something which happens easily when we're going through this.

Yes, I always have an emergency 2mg pill nearby in case I need to use it, but most of my minor anxieties .5mg extra would help.

I was using lots of Xanax and abrupt withdrawal from 6mg+ a day would seize anyone lol.

After I get down to .5mg, I plan on switching to valium to finish frommthere. I also plan on seeing a psychologist in person, I tried better help and they wouldn't even advise me or talk to me. They actually rejected me and refunded my money. It was strange.