Major league sports restarting

[ki...]

how does everyone feel about sports opening back up with no fans? my apathy is preventing me from really enjoying it as much as i used to but i am excited to have something different on TV.

apparently certain stadiums are allowing you to pay to have your face taped to a seat as they try and make this more digestible for the players themselves.

In my opinion this is the best plan for now, it is too early to allow large groups to congregate and potentially spread the virus to many people.

It didn't take but one person to infect many others in Butte County, CA.( at a church service)

[1c...]

It'll be weird with no crowds.  Maybe the networks should add something similar to laugh tracks to simulate cheers, etcetera.  That would be a fun job.  Press a button and generate the equivalent of 80,000 angry boos - that's power!!

So much of the game experience is social.  Most people don't watch games in person, but they often cheer in bars or with friends and those are risky behaviors right now.  I'm not sure how it's going to play out. 

The golf scramble thing last weekend was OK (except for the cameo).  Kind of fun to watch them play causally (in shorts and talking like my buddies do on the course).  Some sports will probably work out better than others.

There may be no more "cheap seats" at sporting events. Environmentally controlled sky boxes and mandatory SARS-CoV-2 testing combined with physical distancing may be part of the "New Normal" for those wishing for fans to attend major league sporting events. It's unfortunate that will not likely be an option for young person oriented sports like little league, soccer and similar team sports. 

In my opinion this is the best plan for now, it is too early to allow large groups to congregate and potentially spread the virus to many people.

It didn't take but one person to infect many others in Butte County, CA.( at a church service)

agreed.

It'll be weird with no crowds.  Maybe the networks should add something similar to laugh tracks to simulate cheers, etcetera.  That would be a fun job.  Press a button and generate the equivalent of 80,000 angry boos - that's power!!

So much of the game experience is social.  Most people don't watch games in person, but they often cheer in bars or with friends and those are risky behaviors right now.  I'm not sure how it's going to play out. 

that would pretty awesome if they played boo's and cheers off a soundboard. i didnt even think of that. i like watching games in person but mostly because (to your point) i pregame at the bars to meet people and chew the fat before getting into the game.

im juiced that something other than the news will be on TV. i have ran out of shows on netflix to binge, and movies to buy

There may be no more "cheap seats" at sporting events. Environmentally controlled sky boxes and mandatory SARS-CoV-2 testing combined with physical distancing may be part of the "New Normal" for those wishing for fans to attend major league sporting events. It's unfortunate that will not likely be an option for young person oriented sports like little league, soccer and similar team sports.

yea i think youre right. i am wondering if the same will happen with airlines. if they remove the middle seat in every row and increase the cost of th other seats in the row.

Overall, i am happy something else will be on the TV. i have sent the news into exile since they are going back to their left right paradigm, and i am running out of content to stream.