developed ocd issues anyone ?

[ju...]

i have had this for a while now going on 2 years i have developed certain ocd habits and rituals that i do daily that make me think i am safe and i have to do these things or i think something bad will happen !!! anyone else do stuff like this or is it just me ....  i really think it comes down to i do it because it is something i can control and that is  under my control  ya know ?    unlike everything that is not under my control like the anxiety panic attacks  agoraphobia intrusive thoughts ect

ocd behaviors are normal in this process...part of it is control to feel safe. The other is the brain is trying to feel safe as the amygdala is highly trigged and unregulated in all of this.

In my reading of posts I find that people get obsessive about different things.

On the days where this tries to get out of hand, I try to challenge the obsession by doing the opposite to show my brain its not going to kill or ruin me:)

routines make us feel safe. there's so much unpredictability in recovery so its no wonder we try to find something predictable!

Yes, I've had intense OCD throughout this process, with prayer and repetitive music in my head being some of the most OCD-ish behaviors. But it's good I think, and got me through this more so than if I didn't have anything to fall back on.

• 2 months later...

ocd behaviors are normal in this process...part of it is control to feel safe. The other is the brain is trying to feel safe as the amygdala is highly trigged and unregulated in all of this.

In my reading of posts I find that people get obsessive about different things.

On the days where this tries to get out of hand, I try to challenge the obsession by doing the opposite to show my brain its not going to kill or ruin me:)

routines make us feel safe. there's so much unpredictability in recovery so its no wonder we try to find something predictable!

This is very insightful and helpful especially right now as I'm obsessing over my blood pressure, taking it constantly/obsessively. And it's not even high. I'm just obsessed that the lower number is getting higher (70 instead of 60).

• 2 weeks later...
I have moderate OCD as a diagnosed condition that I've had for most of my life. The thing about OCD is that stress makes it rear it's ugly head. There have been times in my life when things are good and the OCD is manageable. For some reason, Xanax really helped my disorder which is why I was on it for so long. Now that I'm tapering, it is much, much worse.

I was just thinking about OCD myself earlier today. Before I even read this post. I'm pretty sure that benzos give it to you. Like I never had that big of a problem with it before taking them, but the whole 20 years I was on them and now that I've only been off of them for 13 months, it's been horrible.

So I'm pretty sure anxiety can give you OCD. That's my guess. And benzos give you horrible anxiety especially when you come off of them, which makes it worse.

But I'm pretty sure it will be gone whenever we are better and completely healed.