Need some help here. Advice please.

[oc...]

Have been cutting my topamax for about a year since I was rapid tapered on it. The word WD symptoms have pretty much gone away except some that have popped up during insomnia. The worst one left is the insomnia.

I had horrible insomnia when i was first fast tapered that lasted a long while -- it had to started to clear. I was sleeping decently for a couple or few months.

My problem is that I occassionally go thru spells of insomnia but it seems to be getting worse. Sometimes the spells will last around 4-5 weeks as is the case this time but its been especially butal this time. It has been 5 weeks of severe insomnia with maybe 1 or 2 nights of broken sleep with the other nights at either zero nights or almost zero.

Before, when i have these spells when it gets really bad I would take a maybe a 1/4 or 1/5 of a seroqell and that would put me to sleep but I would not take them often. It had been months since I had taken one. Or I would take a 1/4 of a remeron. Well now, what was putting me to sleep before is not even making me drowsy.

I take two doses of the medicine I am cutting - one in the morning --a 25 mg pill and around around a 1/4 of another pill. And at night I take another 25 mg pill with a 1/2 pill portion of another pill.  ---- I am wondering if maybe me getting down to a small dose could be causing the insomnia.

My pill (topamax) weighs .78 i believe and i had been cutting .01 every week when i could. Even those small cuts gave me a day or two of insomnia.

**********Here is my question. Should I just cutting out the larger portions of pills that i am taking since I am dealing with horrible insmonia anyway? I will probably be really screwed up for months and months but I dont want to be sitting here at 16 weeks with severe insomnia and exhausted and then do a quick cut.  Right now I have been doing this for 2 years with WD symptoms and insomnia. If I keep going on this slow taper it will take 3-5 years to finish taper. That will have been 7 years of severe insomnia. No way I can go that long with getting zero sleep 4-5 a week.

Any input would be apperciated.

*******************Cliffs*******************************

having 5 wks of severe insmonia  --only getting a couple nights of sleep a week if lucky  -- had been sleeping ok for a couple months

Im coming up on 2 years of WD and insomnia.

thinking that the lower dose of my medication that i am cutting could be cause.

thinking about cutting some large portions of medicine away instead of doing small cuts. I know this will be will cause WD.

pill weighs .78 --was cutting .01 per week --insomnia now, no cuts -- dose now **AM 25 mg & 1/3 of pill **PM 25 mg & 1/2 of pill

At the rate  I am cutting it will take years to finish taper. Cant do 3-5 years more of insomnia.

thinking of cutting away the AM 1/3 dose and PM 1/2 dose over 3 cuts in about 3 weeks.

Need advice.

thinking about cutting away

thanks.