From how much of Ativan did you jump off?

[2a...]

[2a...]
Do you think jumping from 0.5mg of Ativan is too high? I’m severly kindled benzos doesn’t work for me anymore.

[47...]
I jumped from 2 mg and it was terrible.  I think jumping from 0.5 mg will be just about as bad.  I encourage you to do a proper taper.

I jumped from .25mg.  It was difficult but doable.  The first few weeks were bad, but then the symptoms started to diminish.  By month two I noticed substantial improvements.

So I would say .25mg or lower is the jumping off point.

But plan for your jump.  Plan on jumping when you can minimize other activities if possible.  I scheduled some vacation time just in case I needed it.  (I did not use it.)

Have strategies in place for dealing with anxiety and insomnia. 

[2a...]

I jumped from 2 mg and it was terrible.  I think jumping from 0.5 mg will be just about as bad.  I encourage you to do a proper taper.

I can’t function at all now, it can’t be worse as it is, I have total insomnia.

I did a rapid taper off of a "low dose"...less than .5mg.

Like previously advised, plan for it. You will need some time to focus on healing, especially the first bit.

I'm definitely still healing, and there are rough days for sure. But I am doing it, GLAD to be free.

I'm sorry you are kindled. I was in tolerance Wd and drug went paradoxical on me. I know how bad it can be. there is hope!

I think it’s too high, but only you can decide this. I’m at .38, and I plan to go to .05ish. Best wishes whatever you decide.

Akul:  yeah when I got down to .25, those crumbs weren’t doing much for me and so it pushed me to jump.

The insomnia takes awhile to go away, but sleep does return.

I was pretty foggy too, that’s why I suggested planning your jump.  Try not to obsess on your symptoms, it just makes things worse.

Don’t go to bed until you are tired.  If you are tossing and turning, get up and read or listen to relaxation audio.  Do not sit and stew in bed! That will just make it worse.

Ativan is a difficult drug to come off of, you have to have faith that things will improve.  It’s a difficult journey, but you will feel great once you are off of benzos.

I need to clarify my post...my original prescription was for .5mg up to 3x a day as needed. Generally I would take only .5 mg/day, and "rescue doses" as needed (hello kindling..). In my mind I refused to do take the prescribed dose of 3x/day as I was afraid of tolerance and addiction (oh the irony...).

I had self reduced my dose for a few nights hoping that I could maybe sleep without the med - I was already feeling awful by this point and thats what spurred me on to investigating things online for myself.

So basically I was at your amount.