paradoxical

[gs...]

I had the same problem. I got stuck in paradoxical effects and couldn't finish tapering. I can't say what you should do for you; I can only say the same situation caused me to jump off 12 days ago from .25 Kpin 2x/day and hope for the best. I was hoping to do a crossover but it was taking too long to find a prescriber who would agree to it. I never would have made it on a Kpin microtaper or other Kpin taper. I made my decision and now must live with it. I feel your pain.

The same happened to me, I got stuck in paradoxical reactions, and couldn't finish tapering, as I couldn't take the benzos no more. I had to go almost CT.

How long have you been taking benzos? have you been using it daily?

The same happened to me, I got stuck in paradoxical reactions, and couldn't finish tapering, as I couldn't take the benzos no more. I had to go almost CT.

How long have you been taking benzos? have you been using it daily?

In my case it's been total of .5 daily for 4 months. Prior to that it was 1mg prn which ended up being 1-4x a week, for 2 years.

i'm on a little less than .20 right now. you think i should taper quicker or just jump. Klonopin sucks

I can't advise yes or no. I can say that tapers are not the only right option and that, while tapering is ideal, the drug sometimes turns on people so badly that many of us are left trying to seek alternatives. Can you post a pro/con list that could help you voice your process?

Its definitely hard when drugs go paradoxical..I know because it happened to me. On here we advise slower is better as it is less a shock to the brain.

I was in a unique situation and had to do a rapid taper from less than .5mg of ativan.yours is a longer acting benzo. It will take a bit longer for it to be totally out of your system.

Make time for potential Wd symptoms upcoming. They can be different and/or the same to what you are feeling now. You can do this. I am free now but still healing. there is not a day I regret getting off the med.

We're here for you :)

I am glad, Trina, to hear you have no regrets. That is important. Also it's nice to read about someone in a similar situation who feels healing is happening.

Acute WD is perhaps the first 4 weeks after going off benzos. This is the time when the worst symptoms could occur, seizures. Please do not worry about that as seizures rarely occur. usually in men who also drank alcohol and did other drugs. But the risk IS possible. I learned long ago to never say "it NEVER can happen."

east

gswjitt

Cognitive function returns...I promise.

I couldn't remember crap the first month which was so frustrating as a "multi-talker" person. I had to write down so much to keep things straight.

but hen eventually you start to feel sharper again, and clearer.

I can now play monopoly with my kids again and run it like a complete hustler:)

I do get the odd brain fog moment - but we all do.  ;)

Last night I got really strange hallucinations. I had occasional ones before, but right now it's like the time/space continuum is bending or something. I don't know how else to describe it. I thought the bedroom door was leering at me. Shapes are distorted. Faces on TV look evil. Today I tried going outside and there is a black haze over my vision, a sinister feel in the air. I ran back inside.

I want to distract but am so limited in what I can do. I can barely chew without screaming. I hope these really intense things go away such that I don't feel so terrified of the very air around me. Yikes. I'm not quite 3 weeks in. So scared.

My stomach hurts so bad. It's hard for me to breath or let alone walk. My limbs feel so week and heavy. So what to do about a possible seizure...just wait around? Or do guys think I should get another med or something. I am in so much pain.

Teness: this may not be what you want  to hear...the only way out is THROUGH. You have to ride it out. No meds. The first bit is the worst. You will experience breaks or reduction in symptoms eventually. Others come through this - you will too:)

Delsol: the "sinister " in everything will eventually go. I know its scary. I promise it lessens. Things can be very distorted in the beginning.

Yesterday I enjoyed a campfire in the backyard - I couldn't have done that 3 months ago.