is it possible for the inflammation that went away with steroid, to STAY AWAY?

[Bl...]

Hi buddies. First of all, I want to respectfully say that I don't want to be judged for administering myself medication.

In the country where I live (Mexico) a lot of the pharmaceuticals are sold without a prescription, also I am a professional from the dental field (LICENSED) and I am allowed to administer medications to patients. I've seen a lot of judgement lately on BB, but we need to understand that laws are different around the world.

5 days ago I pinched or overstretched a nerve while stretching, now I know that this was caused because of rigid tendons, nerves and weak muscles. Apparently it was the femoral nerve (cutaneous), I started feeling numbness on the skin of my leg.

I went to the drugstore and bought a B12 + dexamethasone  (4 mg) injection (packet of 3)

I know that steroids have very bad side effects and are not recommended for people like us, but I took the risk because I wanted to stop the inflammation right away. I had 2 shots only (1 every 24 hrs). When I administered the first one I only felt a little bit of anxiety but nothing else, then the second day I started feeling bad, increase anxiety and a little bit of depersonalization and also like I was going crazy. I suspended the third day  shot and only took NSAID (for 3 days more).

I was afraid I was going to have a setback or that my healing was ruined, but I stayed calm and positive hoping it would go away after the medication wore off.

the inflammation in my whole body went away, I was able to move again freely, no stiffness, no nothing, only mental symptoms.

Today I feel so much less confused and the anxiety is mostly gone. I'll definitely won't have another steroid in my body unless is VERY needed.

So I'm not sure if the medication helped ease out a lot of the inflammation and kind of "balanced" some stuff,

or maybe this is temporary?

has anyone experienced something like this before?

I know for sure some of you have had very BAD EXPERIENCES with steroids, but other than that I haven't read anything positive or different.

I would appreciate any opinions or experiences

Blossom

Interesting.

I am supposed to day a 75mg aspirin everyday to prevent clotting because I have a form of chronic blood cancer Calle Essential Thrombocythaemia.

I had not taken it for a while because I am so sensitised to everything.

Took it the last 2 days and even that makes my muscles ‘relax’ or rather go weak where they are atrophied and pull in nerves and twist where they are rigid and stuck tight.

What I also notice is when I take it initially I get worse brain fizzing, metallic taste, altered sensory stuff but after about 1/2 an hour my brain clears and my feeling of terror eases as does the DP/DR a bit.

So, given that is an anti-inflamatory that is interesting but also it is thinning blood which might allow it to get into smaller blood vessels better.

Thing is aspirin, technically, should increase excitatory response because of way other works?

Interesting.

I am supposed to day a 75mg aspirin everyday to prevent clotting because I have a form of chronic blood cancer Calle Essential Thrombocythaemia.

I had not taken it for a while because I am so sensitised to everything.

Took it the last 2 days and even that makes my muscles ‘relax’ or rather go weak where they are atrophied and pull in nerves and twist where they are rigid and stuck tight.

What I also notice is when I take it initially I get worse brain fizzing, metallic taste, altered sensory stuff but after about 1/2 an hour my brain clears and my feeling of terror eases as does the DP/DR a bit.

So, given that is an anti-inflamatory that is interesting but also it is thinning blood which might allow it to get into smaller blood vessels better.

Thing is aspirin, technically, should increase excitatory response because of way other works?

Hi Ajusta, I definitely think aspirin being a blood thinning agent definitely helps with the distribution of the medication into smaller vessels. I have very basic knowledge from NSAID's and steroids, so this one was a surprise.

Yesterday was the last day I took Piroxicam 20 mg (every 24 hrs) so it's still in my system too. I'll definitely update this post in a week or so, I think a week will let me know if the inflammation returns or not.

I hope you get better :)

I do not understand how an inflammation should have been the result of overstitching a muscle and if you suffer from weak muscles and tissues steroids will make that problem bigger, not smaller. Just read the papers which come with the mdecidation. They have to warn you from that side effect, steroids demineralize the body quickly and the result can be osteoporosis, weak muscles and nerve problems. This happenes quickly and can occur after one dose, only for osteoporosis one needs to take it for some weeks, but for no one knows about the marker of the bone structure because no one takes a test before starting steroid, it is assumed that more people get osteoporosis and the other problems I told you about then people would assume.

Any kind of stretch of a nerve can cause numbness, tingling and pain. This is not a sign for an inflamed nerve actually. If your muscles and tissues are not used to stretching and exercise, the first thing you might notice is the effect on the nerves and that is not funny, I know that. You need to be careful, let the part of the body rest as long as the symptom is gone again and maybe overthink the way you exercise or train. Instead of stretching the big chains of tissues and muscles you can do very little movements and get the same results.

Another point: If you are weak and your muscles not back to normal, they become easily overflowed with acids. Which can cause numbness and what people would call "nerve issues" because its so horrible and intense, but it can just be too much acids. Steroids make this problem worse!

A good supplement would have been a combination of magnesium, calcium, potassium and salt water then.

I just want to say, - it is not always inflammation. And as every athlete can tell you - just using ice cubes and cool the area can help much better instead of flooding your body with steroids and B12, from which you don't know at all, if you lack it and need it.

In my eyes, unnecessary and dangerous.

Please do more research about steroids. You dont want to suffer from adnreal fatigue, osteoporosis, cushing syndrome, liver and kidney damage - and yes, one can get that after a short time use and very low dosage. The effect on the blood sugar, the hormonal system, the skin, hair.. oh god. I will stop right now. Please - do some research.

Marigold

I do not understand how an inflammation should have been the result of overstitching a muscle and if you suffer from weak muscles and tissues steroids will make that problem bigger, not smaller. Just read the papers which come with the mdecidation. They have to warn you from that side effect, steroids demineralize the body quickly and the result can be osteoporosis, weak muscles and nerve problems. This happenes quickly and can occur after one dose, only for osteoporosis one needs to take it for some weeks, but for no one knows about the marker of the bone structure because no one takes a test before starting steroid, it is assumed that more people get osteoporosis and the other problems I told you about then people would assume.

Any kind of stretch of a nerve can cause numbness, tingling and pain. This is not a sign for an inflamed nerve actually. If your muscles and tissues are not used to stretching and exercise, the first thing you might notice is the effect on the nerves and that is not funny, I know that. You need to be careful, let the part of the body rest as long as the symptom is gone again and maybe overthink the way you exercise or train. Instead of stretching the big chains of tissues and muscles you can do very little movements and get the same results.

Another point: If you are weak and your muscles not back to normal, they become easily overflowed with acids. Which can cause numbness and what people would call "nerve issues" because its so horrible and intense, but it can just be too much acids. Steroids make this problem worse!

A good supplement would have been a combination of magnesium, calcium, potassium and salt water then.

I just want to say, - it is not always inflammation. And as every athlete can tell you - just using ice cubes and cool the area can help much better instead of flooding your body with steroids and B12, from which you don't know at all, if you lack it and need it.

Please do more research about steroids. You dont want to suffer from adnreal fatigue, osteoporosis, cushing syndrome, liver and kidney damage - and yes, one can get that after a short time use and very low dosage. The effect on the blood sugar, the hormonal system, the skin, hair.. oh god. I will stop right now. Please - do some research.

Marigold

I am not able to go to the Dr. right now because I don’t want to get infected with covid 19. If I was able  to do so I would’ve gone to the Dr to get that checked.

I am not sure what happened but I did notice inflammation on my leg. I am not sure if I ripped it parcially, I got it trapped or something else. But the next day I examined myself and I could feel the nerve all across my leg swollen and I definitely know how a swollen nerve looks and feels like.

The muscle is fine.

From what I read the steroid side effects occur when large doses for long periods of time are given. But there isn’t a lot of research about other side effects, it’s also very controversial. I personally don’t think that for getting two 4 mg shots in 2 days will cause me a lot of problems. I already have a bunch of problems going on and I don’t think getting worried will solve something, I also limit my medication intake a lot.

My pain and inflammation are now gone and I hope for the best that it continues like this.

Marigold

I am not able to go to the Dr. right now because I don’t want to get infected with covid 19. If I was able  to do so I would’ve gone to the Dr to get that checked.

I am not sure what happened but I did notice inflammation on my leg. I am not sure if I ripped it parcially, I got it trapped or something else. But the next day I examined myself and I could feel the nerve all across my leg swollen and I definitely know how a swollen nerve looks and feels like.

The muscle is fine.

From what I read the steroid side effects occur when large doses for long periods of time are given. But there isn’t a lot of research about other side effects, it’s also very controversial. I personally don’t think that for getting two 4 mg shots in 2 days will cause me a lot of problems. I already have a bunch of problems going on and I don’t think getting worried will solve something, I also limit my medication intake a lot.

My pain and inflammation are now gone and I hope for the best that it continues like this.

This is not true. Lots of studies can be found out there about short term intake and osteoporosis, same as for long term damages after short term intake and so on. Just search in ncbi.

I dont want to annoy you, but steroids are just a mother med which harmed me very very severely and I dont want others to be in the same boat. Also - medication like benzos, ADs and other psychiatric meds demineralize the body. If  you take a second med, like steroids on top, the results will be even worse. Just saying. And it is not controversial. In my country they are not given until you suffer from a shock like symptom and the laws have been made more restrictively regarding a treatment with them.

But I am happy at least your leg feels better now :smitten: