Pill weights vary by 6%???

[Ma...]

This seems too high of a spread at 6.5 %. Should I weigh each pill daily when I do my calculations? This is teva manufacturer I Just had to switch to .Here is a sample. .174,.172,.167.168,.163

Thanks for any feedback

Yes, each pill can weigh a different amount. Each pill is made individually. Like any manufacturing process, there is variation. Pharmaceutical manufacturing standards allow a percent relative deviation (the standard deviation divided by the average) to be up to 10%.

Weigh 10 pills all together, and divide that weight by 10 to get the average weight. Or even better, weigh all the pills in your refill for the month together, and divide by the number of pills to get the average weight. You should do this each time you get a refill, because pill weights will vary batch to batch.

I am not well versed in dry micro cutting, because I used* the liquid micro taper method. But I've seen many people wonder how to cut off the correct weight of the pill when the pill itself may weigh less than the amount you are supposed to take, like you need to add to the pill to get the correct weight to take according to your calculations. I think this would confuse me too, and I am a quality control chemist in the pharmaceutical industry. So I don't have an answer for you on this part.

* OMG I used the past tense! I only realized it when I was proofreading my response. I'm not done yet, but I'm almost there.