Temazapem Direct Taper Help

[Re...]

Hi All -

I am having a really difficult time with a Temazapem taper, but my doctor and I think that due to me being so highly sensitive, a crossover might not go well, and that I should stick to a dry cut, as tough as this is. Has anyone been able to do this successfully that can possibly provide hope?

I have been tapering for about 2 months. Unfortunately, I was given the instructions to go down from 30mg to 22.5mg in a week, and then to 15 in the next week. This did not go well, and I had (and have) extreme allergic reactions, joint problems, rashes, chest pain, sinus infection, and Candidasis.  I reinstated at 22.5 and held for 2 weeks, and then began a liquid titration. This also was too fast. I switched to a dry cut and I am currently at 15mg, cutting 5% per week. I hear that this also might be too fast. Can anyone provide a any insight? I was thinking to reduce the cut to 2.5% each week, instead of attempting a crossover that might not go well. I had been taking the Temazapem for about 3 months prior to tapering, and have C/T in the past, to develop horrible symptoms that are still around, that I am just realizing might have been benzos (was not aware of this information prior to a few months ago).

Thank you for any advice you might have.

Kindly,

Resilience222

Hi Resilience,

I would love to see you do a symptom based taper starting today, setting goals using numbers and percentages hasn't worked thus far so lets change things up a bit, okay? 

First, is there any reason why you've had such an aggressive timeline, other than getting advice which hasn't been in your best interest?

Second, if you do opt to do a slower, symptom based taper, will your Dr support you with enough pills?

And third, do you understand that even after the drug has been eliminated from your body, there is still healing to be done?  This question is to help me know if you understand that tapering quickly doesn't mean a faster recovery, it just means more pain.

Lets work this out, I think we can come up with a plan to get you where you need to be, okay?

Pamster