Can’t do it anymore

[b3...]

[b3...]
Who here doesn’t get any sleep at all? I can’t remember when was the last time that I slept, maybe I’m not becoming psychotic because I’m still on antipsychotic. Since the end of January I don’t get almost any sleep at all, I’m exhausted and my brain switched off, so I feel like I’m in a coma and can’t wake up, I feel so tired that my cognitive functions are 0. I just want at least an hour of sleep, normal sleep and I don’t get it, I get some fake sleep on two antipsychotics I was put on when Ibwas pushed to reinstate on Ativan. I don’t even get dreams anynore, my eyes hurt and I can’t see, because of that sleep deprivation, I feel like I’m asleep all the time but can’t sleep but if I do there isn’t any difference between being up and sleeping because my brain is already asleep when I’m awake. That is crazy. I’m still tapering down to 1.5mg of Ativan.

akul-

I'm so sorry you're suffering with insomnia. It's so hard to deal with anything when you're sleep deprived.I can hear how frustrated and miserable you're feeling.  It takes every ounce  of your strength and determination to get through each hour.  And it's this strength and determination plus hope & belief that you are healing that will keep carrying you through this until you recover from benzo withdrawal.

Insomnia is one of the most common and distressing symptoms in benzo withdrawal and post withdrawal.  Many BB members are trying to cope with it - Sometimes it helps a little to at least know you're not alone.

Have you checked out the Insomnia board?  Lots of good ideas and discussions on ways of coping with it.

I hope sleep comes to you soon.

Brighterday

DO YOU have any other symptoms besides insomnia? If you do it could be serious, if you don't it will probably go away.

Who here doesn’t get any sleep at all? I can’t remember when was the last time that I slept, maybe I’m not becoming psychotic because I’m still on antipsychotic. Since the end of January I don’t get almost any sleep at all, I’m exhausted and my brain switched off, so I feel like I’m in a coma and can’t wake up, I feel so tired that my cognitive functions are 0. I just want at least an hour of sleep, normal sleep and I don’t get it, I get some fake sleep on two antipsychotics I was put on when Ibwas pushed to reinstate on Ativan. I don’t even get dreams anynore, my eyes hurt and I can’t see, because of that sleep deprivation, I feel like I’m asleep all the time but can’t sleep but if I do there isn’t any difference between being up and sleeping because my brain is already asleep when I’m awake. That is crazy. I’m still tapering down to 1.5mg of Ativan.

Akul, You already know some of my story with insomnia. So I DO know how awful this is for you! But I can tell you that feeling as if you arein  coma is a normal benzo wd thing. I felt the same exact way. I felt like "the walking dead" back then. Every second was torture, with so many symptoms raging on in me all at the same time. I had NO control over this stuff. NONE!

I dont yet know what anti psychotic you are on and why you are on it. But I would like to know. Anti psychotic drugs usually have some serious bad side effects.

You wiill NOT die from lack of sleep. The humane brain has a built in mechanism that prevents it. If you want, look up "death due to insomnia" and see what comes back. I did that, and know that you will NOT die from insomnia even if you feel SP awful! Just as I did.

Annie :smitten:

happened to me 3 times for at least 3 days. most was 5 days after stopping abruptly. its brutal being awake that long.

I'm not sleeping much right now in this wave. this is a post of mine from the other day

"All my symptoms flare up at night and they make it hard enough to sleep as it is, between my chest hurting and vibrating and my breathing turning off. but then if I am able to drift off, Every time I’m about to, I suddenly feel this sensation of dread come over me and it’s like I can’t move. It feel like I’m dying. It’s over and over again. Utter utter hell, and if I try to stay up, I’m so tired that I can barely keep my head up. I need some love and compassion, plz someone tell me I’ll be ok."

Oh and kickbenzos I experienced the same thing the days after my ct I dint sleep for 5 days