opinions welcomed

[Be...]

My name is J and I am 29. I have been on Benzo’s since I was 17. I was on 0.5mg of Klonopin daily for 7 years, and then 1 mg, I realized my symptoms were benzo related and tried to taper, and that failed, I did it too quick. My doctor switched me to 30 mg of Valium daily and I started tapering shortly after. I was able to get to 2 mg, with minor pain, and still holding my job in about 12 months. I then tried to cut to quickly and had to jump back to 4 mg to remain stable and continue with my life and work. 3 years later, I feel like I am ready again. I started a micro taper using a gram scale 9 days ago. I will say that I am having symptoms but find it hard since I only cut .001 mg a day from one of my pills. I take 2 mg, twice daily. I am also on Paxil. I feel symptoms, and I am not sure if it is withdrawal or my mind messing with me since I have had two failed attempts in the past. I want to remain functional as I cannot afford to stop working. Should I hold, maybe cut less, what is everyone’s viewpoint?

I am at about 3.91 mg or so. Any help would be appreciated.

You've done a great job of getting so low on your dose but most members will still feel withdrawal symptoms even when using titration, so this is to be expected.  Since you've had failures in the past, you need to go slow to keep functional and also to keep from getting anxious about it. 

I don't see any reason why you can't keep working, the cuts you make and the length of time you hold them is totally in your control.  I feel your best approach will be to use a bit of experimentation, unfortunately, you're the one you'll be experimenting on.  But since this is going to be a long process, the lessons you learn now will serve you later. 

I know I've not answered your questions but everyone is so different, you're going to get differing opinions, mine is...figure out what feels right to you.  The only thing you'll need to keep in mind though is just when you get this figured out, the drug will change the rules and you'll have to adjust your taper.  :(

Thank you. I think I am going to continue with the microtaper and try coping skills. If that doesn’t help, I will hold at a dose, minimize my symptoms, and get that confidence to drop again. This is a long journey, but one I have been putting off for far to long. It’s time. I also think I hit tolerance withdrawal, so I want to make sure I give my body time to adjust.

I chose a microtaper to ease withdrawal, I think I need to realize that no matter what, I am going to feel something, but minimizing them as much as possible with small daily cuts is going to come with some pain, just less.

What an amazing attitude you have, you sound healthy and grounded in reality which is difficult to be when we're in the midst of benzo withdrawal.  I applaud your approach and look forward to seeing your progress.  :smitten:

Thank you Pamster. I look forward to the day of posting a success story. I applaud you for getting off, and I am so happy you are healing and doing well :-). The best part about this is seeing our community remain engaged even when we are off. The support here is wonderful.