3 Months Free From Klonopin

[Sp...]

It’s been about 3 months since I jumped from a 7 month taper in February, far and away the longest amount of time I’ve gone without Klonopin and all GABAergic drugs since my whole benzo mess began in 2016. I’m proud of that and hopeful for the future, but also realize I’m still relatively early in the process for many (including myself it seems). My symptoms, especially my worst symptoms of very intense neuropathic pain/pins and needles tingling burning sensation all over my skin, as well as cog fog, visual distortion, and tinnitus, have not really improved at all, they are still 100% constant and I’ve not had anything resembling a window yet I don’t think.

But I’m proud of myself for making it this far, and I think of every day of constant suffering as a day closer to being well again. It will all be worth it someday. Please wish me luck and encouragement and that hopefully I will begin to have windows/some kind of improvement soon.

Thank you.

Hi Spongify,

Congratulation on 3 months!  You have every reason to be proud of this!  As you note, you're still early in this process - it's not unusual to have had no windows yet.  It can take some time and we're all individuals.  Still, you have three months of healing behind you and that's something to celebrate!  You also have a great attitude - it's clear you understand this takes time and that you have a level of acceptance about this will help you get through this.

Wishing you much healing and a glorious window soon,

Brighterday

Three moths in I was a DISASTER!!  Good job keeping with it and getting this far. Things will get better. The burning skin has been an issue for me as well I wish I could say mine was gone but it’s still here. If you look at my one year post I posted all my symptoms ok that thread and the progress I have made. I hope it helps remind some people that things can get better and they will! Be strong and keep going.