You can't heal while taking Gaba drugs

[Ju...]

I was trying to heal from benzos for a long time in my life, and half the time I was taking barbiturates or drinking alcohol. I couldn't figure out why I wasn't healing, and I thought they would help instead of make things worse.

The doctor was under the same assumption, they said just to keep taking them because it would help. Well I don't think it did, just from stopping them the other night, it feels like my withdrawal is getting better. It sucked for a couple days, and I'm still having symptoms of course, but I feel like overall my withdrawal is speeding up now and getting better.

And lots of people have said you can't heal if you're drinking alcohol which I also believe because I've done that multiple times in life. It just makes it worse. So I think barbiturates also make it worse. So from now on, I'm just going without any kind of medication whatsoever other than propanolol. And with that, just one dose at night.

And also I don't have any science behind any of my statements, but the overall consensus from people on here is that you cannot heal while taking other Gaba drugs and they are absolutely right I think.

JustInTime,

To make bold statements like this, especially in the subject title, you'll need to provide citations.

Pamster

I was trying to heal from benzos for a long time in my life, and half the time I was taking barbiturates or drinking alcohol. I couldn't figure out why I wasn't healing, and I thought they would help instead of make things worse.

The doctor was under the same assumption, they said just to keep taking them because it would help. Well I don't think it did, just from stopping them the other night, it feels like my withdrawal is getting better. It sucked for a couple days, and I'm still having symptoms of course, but I feel like overall my withdrawal is speeding up now and getting better.

And lots of people have said you can't heal if you're drinking alcohol which I also believe because I've done that multiple times in life. It just makes it worse. So I think barbiturates also make it worse. So from now on, I'm just going without any kind of medication whatsoever other than propanolol. And with that, just one dose at night.

And also I don't have any science behind any of my statements, but the overall consensus from people on here is that you cannot heal while taking other Gaba drugs and they are absolutely right I think.

Your brain makes plenty of natural GABA every night which is the chemical that makes you sleepy and this natural stuff hits the same GABAA receptors that benzo's do.  In fact benzo's work by making your own NATURALLY occurring gaba more powerful.  Gaba is part of life.  I believe you can heal while tapering or having an occasional drink as long as you do not over do it.

This is all speculation. I saw the vast majority of my benzo healing while I was still drinking alcohol. When I quit drinking there was no discernible effect on my benzo issues, positive or negative.

If you read my post a little better, I put in there that there's no science behind what I said. And I said I think my withdrawal is speeding up now, keyword think.

I also put in there that I used to drink all the time during my withdrawal, not this time but previous times. And it definitely slowed it down and made it worse. In fact, not only did it make it worse, I had seizures and the doctor didn't have any other choice but to put me back on them.

I think sometimes people just read what they want and not the rest.

If you read my post a little better, I put in there that there's no science behind what I said. And I said I think my withdrawal is speeding up now, keyword think.

I also put in there that I used to drink all the time during my withdrawal, not this time but previous times. And it definitely slowed it down and made it worse. In fact, not only did it make it worse, I had seizures and the doctor didn't have any other choice but to put me back on them.

I think sometimes people just read what they want and not the rest.

And some people just create topic after topic with blanc statements, buddy..

And some people just like to start things on the internet, because they don't have anything better to do in real life.

And some people just like to start things on the internet, because they don't have anything better to do in real life.

So true, buddy, so true.

I believe the comment was in regards to your subject line. point being, people are here taking in all sorts of information and (my assumption is) mods want to make sure a subject line like that is substantiated in the body of the thread. no one came here looking for trouble nor should they find any.

anywho..

booze sets me back because it makes me depressed, gives me the anxiety the next morning, and i can go through alcohol withdrawal after only 3 drinks. this usually leads me to take an ativan the following morning and its usually downhill from there. that doesnt mean i dont drink but i have tried to stay as far away as i can for this reason. this is probably the only time antisocial behavior is actually a perk for me.

I think you're right! Maybe there are those out there that can get away with an occasional drink. I am not one of those. If I want to recover I have to stop everything.

Have you tried glutathione? It rocked my world in a good way. Researched Nutritionals brand. I got it from Dr Marty Ross's online store. Only practitioners can sell it. Its worth it though. Just a random thing here...

No I've never tried it or even heard of it. And I'm scared to take anything from doctors ever again.

Ive responded to you elsewhere.... But I will say this:

Only Natural or integrative Drs are selling this. You can get other brands anywhere. Im just saying which brand I used because I had such good results and cant say that I would with other brands.

My Dr sells it, but I have to pay shipping or get it while Im there.  She mostly on prescribes natural remedies. And you are right about not trusting Drs. Please please see the post where I gave the link to Dr Nathan's youtube. I only refer to Drs who do NO HARM. My Dr immediately gets her patients off Benzos and Antidepressants. You have to find a Dr (usually integrative) whose philosophy is you don't have a _________ (insert Valium, Vatican, etc) deficiency, I have to figure out what is REALLY going on". Then, you know you have a good chance of having a good Dr. My OPINION.

I was scared to death of Glutathione, to be honest... But I have these issues that clearly needed addressing and I had to find a Dr I could trust. Once I did, I had to trust her... And not only did I tolerate it, I CRAVED it and really needed it. Its an antioxidant, just like vitamin C but it is much more complex. If you are deficient, Like I was, your body cannot detox or heal. My level was zero. It is my belief that benzos will deplete your levels.

I'm 101 days c.t from street Valium/diazipam

i have found improvement last few days, but main problem is gut, slightest stress hurts it, and even couple of cans of beer!!

is this going to heal?

do most people find the gut as main problem or longest w.d issue?

thanks.

i have found improvement last few days, but main problem is gut, slightest stress hurts it, and even couple of cans of beer!!

is this going to heal?

thanks.

I have read users having this as their main symptom for a period of time but i dont think it is the longest lasting. everyone is different though.

congrats on 101 days!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: keep it going!

is this going to heal?

thanks.

Check out the product "Ion", it used to be Restore. I am having great results with my gut issues since using it.  Its not a probiotic. It doesn't have a taste and its like swallowing water. I have had zero negative side effects from it. I believe that the glutathione I mentioned above is also helping my gut.

Just my two cents, and congrats on being off so long.