Just checking in....

[Mi...]

I decided to stick with my .50 reduction. I'm on day 6, with one of those days, forgetting to take it at all. I'm also keeping a journal this time around... So far, I've only had pressure in my face, like sinus symptoms that I normally get while tapering. I have to say my mental well-being is so far so good.  :)

In the past, I've attempted to taper without success off of klonopin. I'm determined to rid myself of this crap.

Hi, Pamster! Thanks for asking. I'm actually feeling great today! I don't even have the pressure in my face today. Today is day 7 of the .50.... really day six with one day of nothing. So far so good! Since I was successful with these 7 days, I'm going to try to do the .50 every other day and see how it goes.

I'm thrilled to hear you're doing so well, its rare we hear good news around here!  :)  Something to keep in mind, it can take up to two weeks to feel the full effects of withdrawal from Klonopin due to its long half life.

I want to caution you about taking it every other day, this could create a see-saw effect which your brain may not like.  Our brains crave consistency, so it would be more beneficial if you're intent on this rapid taper to cut that .50 in half and take .25 each day instead. 

What do you think?

Pamster, I did think about that, but thought the .50 every other day would work better, but I can completely understand your perspective, and that my way may make things worse. I may just start the .25 tomorrow. I'll keep you updated! Thanks for your support.

I'm glad you're open to suggestions but hey, this is your taper, we're just here to support the decisions you make.  I'm happy you'll keep us posted because everything our members document here will be used by others who will follow you.  Just by doing this you're providing great benefit to others, so thank you.