Covid Recovery Support Group

[te...]

Hello folk

I am not very good at navigating this here forum, so am probably missing a lot.

I done a search but jack shit come up. So I'm wondering if there is already a covid recovery support group?

The idea would be for newly infected members to ask questions etc. to those like me who have already been infected, and get and give support that way.

Thank you

Teru

Hi Pammy

Thanks for that. You're a genius when it comes to finding shreds that have disappeared.

I had a look at it but didn't really find it very useful. Very nice of folk here to support the sick lady through her ordeal but it was more of a continuous blog than anything else. I know it's difficult not to feel sorry for yourself when you get sick but I'm not sure it's helpful to anyone else. Like speculating how you got it.

Just my thoughts.

Teru

Hi Terua,

I would be interested in hearing how you got through covid 19. What symptoms did you have? How did it all feel to you. i am so glad you have recovered!

east

Hi easty

I mentioned symptoms at start of my other shred so I've copied here.

Only reason for writing this is that it may help someone else who gets infected.

I'm early 60s with high blood pressure, male. Non smoker and gave up alcohol 6 years ago. Always considered myself sporty and healthy (physically not mentally).

I took precautions but was victim of a cluster gig. Even then I was convinced I'd be among the 80% who get jack shit but instead ended up in a semi-critical state.

These are things I experienced and what helped

Persistent fever - paracetamol

Cough - OTC cough suppressants

Loss of taste and smell - you can eat the food you normally can't lol. I wasn't hungry but forced crap down me with plenty of water.

Dehydration - loads of water

Diarrhea - loperamide

Insomnia - watch all the late night repeats of 'I love Lucy'. If you actually laugh it will be good for your lungs.

Breathing difficulty - this is the real scary thing. I should of gone to hospital but it never happened, so, left to my own devices, the only way I could get air in my lungs was ABDOMINAL BREATHING which you use for meditation and yoga. I'd urge anyone who doesn't know it to learn it now. YouTube got plenty of examples.

It's also much easier to breath sitting than lying down.

Pointless to put a timescale on recovery but reckon on about one month from day of infection.

I'm glad now that I got it because I won't be living in fear of getting it any longer. The fear factor before and with the virus is far worse than the physical discomfort. When you can't breath you panic which makes breathing more difficult - recognize that this is happening.

I really wanted to knock myself out with K but having spent almost a year tapering off the shit I refused to do it. That took a lot of willpower.

Hope you don't get the virus. No reason why you should. For me, dengue fever 3 years ago was far worse.

I think that's about it.

I noticed you used to be on 6mg of Klonopin at night (do you mean 0.6mg?). 6mg would be like 120mg of Valium which would knock out a horse. But you done magnificent to come off it and all the other horrid stuff too. I had to give up alcohol and still miss the taste of red wine not that I'd be able to taste it right now anyway lol.

Teru

Following..

Despite knowing my WD SX rather (too) well, Im still undecided as to having a mild case or not..

:)

Hi cantfly

Mild case is fine. A lady here did not know whether she had benzo withdrawal symptoms or the virus at first. You'll know for sure after about a week. Easy for me to say now, but try not to count the days. Just carry in doing what you normally do would be my advice.

Teru

Hi cantfly

Mild case is fine. A lady here did not know whether she had benzo withdrawal symptoms or the virus at first. You'll know for sure after about a week. Easy for me to say now, but try not to count the days. Just carry in doing what you normally do would be my advice.

Teru

Thanks mate.. :)

I would have got it end of January, IF I did.. -One if the first here, which fits demographically.. Things have been much better for the last couple of months...

Like I said, -pretty mild, IF at all, so Ill just follow posts and see what pops up..

-Thanks..

:)

I know that you found http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=238926.0 not helpful. But it's really not a blog. If you read further people are talking about their symptoms and what helped. How long is lasted, etc. More on a perspective on their experiences. It was started as a support thread, not  a blog. To help others who might start having symptoms. Start at page 4 and see if that helps a little. It may not. But there are quite a few people who have it and posted.