Stopping or reducing dietary fiber intake reduces constipation and its associate

[no...]

I have horrific constipation, had it for a now  plus anal fissures, Haemorrhoids, and going to the bathroom is a nightmare and really distressing, taking anything for it is hell as EVERYTHING revs me up and often doesn't work anyway. :'(  I came across this study

Stopping or reducing dietary fibre intake reduces constipation and its associate https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3435786/

And I eat a lot of veg which rich in fibre as I like my veg not too soft so even higher in fibre  plus probably too much iron which is very constipating  as I eat lamb steak  quite frequently as its simpler to cook just throw it in the oven no prep involved  when your in agony 24/7 :'( And was shocked to find out that lamb is really very high in iron, more so than beef.

So I will now be eating chicken and pork and fish asthier a lot lower in Iron but only once or twice a week, going on a reduced fibre diet , but starting out with clear veg broth , just the liquid after cooking the veg for the next couple of days, then go on a reduced fibre diet   

Low Fibre/Low Residue Diet https://www.torbayandsouthdevon.nhs.uk/uploads/23471.pdf

Also found really helpful reply on this thread from vancouvergirl         

MAJOR CONSTIPATION! HELP PLEASE! http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=35930.0

Nova xx :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Up to you Nova but I'd still take fiber. If it really makes it worse then try the other stuff I mentioned. Diet is only one part of it

good luck

terua

Up to you Nova but I'd still take fiber. If it really makes it worse then try the other stuff I mentioned. Diet is only one part of it

good luck

terua

Thanks for your tips but believe me there is nothing I haven't tried including everything you mentioned and a lot more besides diet , that why I'm going to try reducing fibre and iron in foods as these are well documented medical facts that both can cause constipation,  and in many cases fibre makes ta lot worse also withdrawal effects bowel transit severely some people suffer terrible constipation which is the more common to some getting diarrhoea . As I also pointed out Vancouver girl gave some solid advice which I've researched  too, and she's correct :)  And this guy here said about fibre an he's got excellent proof  regarding fibre transit  if you read his story .

Because I had such an extremely short bowel, my output was very high because no water absorption had taken place.  I was fed and hydrated by infusion and could literally live without eating or drinking at all.  Because of my excessive output, we had to make a rig that had a hose extending from the ostomy bag that drained into a one gallon jug.  Often the hose would get clogged and my wife or sister would have to use a coat hanger wire to unplug it.  Now if this vegan pseudoscience is right, we would suspect that the hose was being plugged by pieces of meat.

Never once did we see any solid chunks of meat.  I became so curious about this that I once swallowed the largest chunk of meat I could possibly get down without choking.  Because of the shortness of my bowel, it only took about twenty minutes for my stomach to empty into the ostomy.  Better than two hours later, there were no signs of any meat chunks.  What was always clogging the ostomy tube were pieces of vegetables that were not fully chewed.

Entire pieces of olive, lettuce, broccoli florets, grains and seeds were found.  Yet, large pieces of fat were never witnessed.  As a matter of fact, all the fat from the meat was already emulsified by the bile into solution within the duodenum.  Over time, fat would coagulate on the side walls of the ostomy bag, but never were there any solid pieces observed.  Certainly we are getting a lot more nutrition from our meat than from our vegetables – unless you can chew your cud several times like a ruminant.

No mammal on earth have enzymes that can break down the cellulose from plant cells.  Cellulose membranes can only be ruptured through the mechanics of repetitive grinding and the fermentation of bacteria.  Human molars are not flat enough to grind plants very effectively and we don’t have the bacteria necessary for fermentation within our stomachs.  Who here has never observed whole corn kernels or nuts in their poop?  I raise cattle and even in spite of their large flat molars, the ability to chew their food multiple times, and a host of protozoa in their stomachs, I have seen whole corn kernels in their manure.  So, how much can a human really get out of whole grains with ridged molars and a nearly sterile stomach?

http://roarofwolverine.com/archives/412

Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

• 4 weeks later...

Increasing fat sorts my constipation.

I tried that all I did was get fatter  ::) I went high fat Keto, then high fat carnivore, ended up with a load of blubber around my middle had one good poop then back to severe constipation, and even worse again actually due to the higher iron content in my diet. But I still make sure I eat fat in my diet I enjoy fat just not the amounts I was putting away before and gaining weight rapidly  The last two weeks I had to do a ''Salt water flush'' as I was so backed  up with rocks as well , at times I've had to put glove on and dig it out manually but this was so hard it was like concrete .  But whatever I tried nothing would move or soften it up enough to get it out or move it

So I did the salt water flush , first time it took until the next day to work where as some people go right away or 45 mins to hours later, 2nd time I had to do another dose the following day as the first one didn't work at all, and instead of using 2 level teaspoons of Celtic salt I heaped it up a bit then it worked later, and it was very loose which is expected anyway, plus it shifted the stuck rocks out too YAY!!  I was worried sick I'd have to go to hospital before that, that's how bad it was, and I've had anal fissures and piles for so long I can't remember when I never had them too thanks to Benzos >:(

Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Oh Nova, you bring back memories.. My heart goes out to you.. Oo

I read on an opiate site if someone using an apple corer..!! :(

Anyways, you remind me of how far iv come over the years, and at a time when Im pretty over this whole shit show... So I thank you for that...

In return, have you ever looked at prucalopride/Resotrans..??

Wish things were easier for you, such a long battle.. :(

Oo