Changing my Solvent for my Valium DLMT?

[In...]

Hello everyone!  As I’ve noticed, BB has changed a lot since I was last here!  I have used PG as my solvent for my Valium since I started my DLMT.  I was wondering if milk or vodka was easier/better/more available? (Clearly they are more available).  I was reading today about PG toxicity and the upper levels we should ingest in a day.  I’m sure I get some from food, although I don’t eat a lot of processed stuff.  Plus what I get from my homebrew. 

So.... I was looking for advice on which solvent might work best and the pros and cons.  I have read the FAQs.  I’m simply trying to get some other ideas. 

I presently take 2.5mg in tablets 3x daily. (I used pills and liquid, and I’m switching to all liquid).

If vodka is recommended, I also take Corgard (nadolol) for my heart rate regulation, and I also have Atarax for breakthrough chest pains and anxiety if needed. (I’ve only used it once). 

Thank you, I appreciate any and all advice! 

I would need to know amounts to use for any solvent.  I was using 100ml if PG and 400mL of water to 50mg of Valium. 

I find that vodka dissolves the tablets more readily than PG, but either solvent makes the liquid taste god awful.  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I didn’t have a problem with using either as a solvent though. PG definitely has some concerning side effects, it is in so many things too, toothpaste, deodorant, foods... is it possible for you to get prescription liquid? It’s infinitely easier to deal with than having to make your own homebrew.

I find that vodka dissolves the tablets more readily than PG, but either solvent makes the liquid taste god awful.  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I didn’t have a problem with using either as a solvent though. PG definitely has some concerning side effects, it is in so many things too, toothpaste, deodorant, foods... is it possible for you to get prescription liquid? It’s infinitely easier to deal with than having to make your own homebrew.

I can ask my doctor.  But, she is not very benzo wise.  I may call my pharmacy and see.  Last time I checked, years ago, they did not have access. 

I can ask my doctor.  But, she is not very benzo wise.  I may call my pharmacy and see.  Last time I checked, years ago, they did not have access.

What country are you in? If you’re in the US you can get Rx liquid. Sometimes insurance doesn’t cover it though, so that can be an issue for some. My doctor thought it was weird that I asked to switch to liquid, but I explained that it makes it easier to do small daily drops and she accepted that.

My insurance will not cover the Rx liquid Valium.  I know not everyone agrees with a homebrew to cut.  I know not everyone thinks pill cutting is efficient (as the active ingredient are not evenly disbursed in the pills. 

If anyone has any luck or had any luck with a good solvent for Valium, I would love to hear about it.  I’ve used PG for the duration of my DLMT.  However, I am looking at other options currently.  I’ve heard milk, vodka (maybe, maybe not?) and OraPlus..

if no one else has gone through any homebrew using these methods, I understand.  This board has been more helpful than you could ever know during my slow journey off Ativan/Valium.  Thanks!