Severe LPR/Throat burning. Please tell me it gets better...

[ro...]

Throat sore and burning. No idea what LPR is.

Hi, it's Laryngopharyngeal Reflux (LPR).

Laryngopharyngeal reflux is a condition in which acid that is made in the stomach travels up the esophagus (swallowing tube) and gets to the throat.

rosemarie,

What a lovely name you chose!

Your symptoms are totally normal. Throughout your entire GI Tract, from lips to rear end, you have a LOT of those infamous gaba receptors. More than in other places in your body, except your brain. This is why GI symptoms are SO common. Itching, burning lips, gums, even teeth! Weird. Pain in stomach and abdomen. Diarrhea and constipation. Reflux problems would be right in line with this. If you have NO prior history of GI problems, this is in all likely to be  a benzo wd thing. And it WILL go away. Of course, if it would make you feel reassured, see your doctor.

Will you let me know what happens?

east

rosemarie,

What a lovely name you chose!

Your symptoms are totally normal. Throughout your entire GI Tract, from lips to rear end, you have a LOT of those infamous gaba receptors. More than in other places in your body, except your brain. This is why GI symptoms are SO common. Itching, burning lips, gums, even teeth! Weird. Pain in stomach and abdomen. Diarrhea and constipation. Reflux problems would be right in line with this. If you have NO prior history of GI problems, this is in all likely to be  a benzo wd thing. And it WILL go away. Of course, if it would make you feel reassured, see your doctor.

Will you let me know what happens?

east

Hi east! Thank you so much for the cute compliment 😁💕 I kinda knew my symptoms are normal though, but i was just wondering if there is any possibility on me getting better as more time of my healing passes? I'm extremely extra scared and concerned though, because i had reflux problems before this. But they were mild and tolerable compared to what i now have to suffer...